Switch from Mac to PC

Kim Hayes

04 May, 2016 04:16 AM

Greetings,
Can I transfer my license from a Mac to a PC? Can I transfer my data from a Mac to a PC?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jenny on 04 May, 2016 03:06 PM

Hi Kim.

If you purchased MD from our site directly, then you can download from here for multiple operating systems. You can use the same license key to register the software on multiple systems, provided it is for personal use.

You can share the data between multiple systems by sharing via Dropbox. You can follow these steps to move your data set to your Dropbox folder. If your data is stored in the default location, you can access it within Moneydance Help --> Show Documents Folder. You're looking for a yourfilename.moneydance file. Once moved, open Moneydance, and you can access the data file from the Dropbox location (only on one system at a time to avoid corruption) and the data will sync between the computers.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can be of further assistance.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Kim Hayes on 04 May, 2016 05:13 PM

Hi Jenny,
    Thanks for the information. I will give it a try and see how it goes.

Best regards,

Kim Hayes
    2430 North 1675 East
    Layton, Utah 84040
    801-599-5519

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jenny on 05 May, 2016 08:35 AM

Hi Kim,

No problem! I'll close this discussion for now, but don't hesitate to get back in touch if you need further assistance or encounter any difficulties.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

4. Jenny closed this discussion on 05 May, 2016 08:35 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac