MoneyDance - Two users, two PCs, two phones, two sets of accounts

ItsMikeE

04 May, 2016 06:07 AM

My wife and I are both 2nd time around
We need to keep our own sets of personal accounts as well as a shared set
We have separate dropbox accounts, with a shared area and a couple of PCs which we both use

I need two sets of MD files - 1 for me, 1 for both of us - with different passwords
We each have an Android phone/tablet

Can this be achieved with MoneyDance?

Do I just put both sets of MD files in dropbox? One in my account and one in shared area?
How do I make it so that I can access both in Android but she can only access the shared one? Disable the MD syncing and just let dropbox manage everything?

Any licensing issues to this set up?

1. 1 Posted by Ian O on 07 May, 2016 01:19 PM

Hi Mike,

The way in which you share between two computers and the way you sync between a computer and the mobile app are different and have separate set up instructions.

To share your data between multiple computers you will need to set up sharing through Dropbox. You'll need to ensure that your are running the same version of Moneydance on all systems and you can use the same license key regardless of the OS. You will need to move your entire data set to your Dropbox folder, this can be a folder shared by both of your Dropbox accounts. The instructions on how to locate and move your data set can be found here. You data set will appear as a 'yourfilename'.moneydance file; make sure you only open your data set on one computer at a time to avoid corruption.

When synchronising between the mobile app and your iMac you can follow the steps in this article to enable the feature. You can only sync one data set with the mobile app.

I hope this information is useful, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by ItsMikeE on 08 May, 2016 07:10 AM

Thank you for your response
    The issue of only being able to sync one data set to a mobile device is a showstopper for me

3. System closed this discussion on 02 Oct, 2016 02:34 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

27 Sep, 2022 07:53 PM
27 Sep, 2022 06:23 PM
27 Sep, 2022 05:04 PM