PNC and Capital One credit cards

Julie Parson

04 May, 2016 08:17 PM

Hello,

I am in the process of setting up Moneydance to replace Quicken and I am loving Moneydance so far. I can't configure it to download transactions for my PNC credit card or my Capital One credit card. Not deal breakers, but I was using Quicken 5 days ago and was able to download transactions. In looking at your discussion forum, it looks like the stumbling block is that PNC and Capital One might not use Direct Connect for downloading transactions. However, since I was able to do this with Quicken (which uses Direct Connect, if I'm not mistaken) just a few days ago, I thought it would be worth the shot to ask if there are Advanced Setup options for these two banks or if there are any other possibilities (apart from downloading a QIF/CSV/etc file and importing the data that way).

If you have any thoughts, I'd love to hear them.

Thank you!

1. 1 Posted by David Hanley on 04 May, 2016 08:33 PM

Hi Julie,

Mixed news, PNC should work, but Capital One does not support connections for credit card accounts. You should be able to enable direct connect for your PNC account at the following page on their website:

https://www.pnc.com/en/personal-banking/banking/online-and-mobile-b...

The best way to get your CapitalOne credit card data into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download them from your bank's web site.  You can download into QFX, QIF, OFX or OFC files (sometimes referred to as Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance.   You can also open your bank's download page directly (after entering the appropriate address in the Account->Edit Account menu) by going to the menu bar and selecting Online->Open Account Website.

If CapitalOne decides to support direct OFX connections for credit cards in the future, we will be happy to work with them.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thank you for your interest in Moneydance.

David Hanley
    Infinite Kind Support

2. System closed this discussion on 02 Oct, 2016 02:34 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

27 Sep, 2022 02:26 PM
27 Sep, 2022 12:37 PM
27 Sep, 2022 12:23 PM