Can I import Quicken file of finances into Moneydance

Theresa Fall

17 Oct, 2021 03:07 PM

We are using a 2006 version of Quicken but need to update to a new money manager software. We want to carry over this years’s accounts onto your platform. Can I export data from Quicken 2006 to Moneydance?
 Being we have business records, what is the max transactions your software handles?

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 17 Oct, 2021 09:47 PM

I'm a fellow user.

Quicken uses a proprietary data format - represented by QDF files, other products cannot read this format.

It is necessary to use Quicken itself to export the raw transactions data into, preferable, QIF files which can be processed.

There is no limit to the number of records, but note that Moneydance is Personal Finance Software not business software so it does not have functions like Balance Sheet, P&L, invoicing etc.

I would suggest you donwload and try Moneydance out in trial mode, the only limit is 100 manually entered transactions so imported data does not count towards this.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac