Seems impossible to get it to work

Michael Scheff

25 Nov, 2021 08:37 PM

Went to the 100 page manual online. Can't get to first base. Here's what it says:

I am trying to use Moneydance on my Mac for the first time to see if I like it. To start I want to create a file for sorting credit card expenses. Here’s what the Account and Category Basics says:
Page 3
To create, edit, or delete an account go to Tools→Accounts; to create, edit, or delete categories go to Tools→Categories.

I can’t find “Tools” anywhere. Where is it? How do you access it?

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 25 Nov, 2021 08:50 PM

Hi Michael,

The 'Tools' menu is part of the larger menu bar along the top of the Moneydance window.

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/register-and-transactions/men...

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by jeff_l on 25 Nov, 2021 09:15 PM

It sounds like you’re viewing the now very old PDF Money Dance User Guide.

It would be much better if you started your tour of Money Dance at the link below.

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb

The only way I can think of why you would not see the EDIT menu is if you had the MD main Window Maximized. Move your mouse cursor to the top of the screen & these menus will appear. Click the green button on the left & the screen will resize & the top menus will be permanently available.

Hope this helps.

Fellow User

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Maddy on 26 Nov, 2021 01:01 PM

Hi Michael,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

It might be useful referring you to this article of the Knowledge base about Credit Card Accounts.
    You should also see:

Create, edit or delete Accounts and
    Create, edit or delete Categories .

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac