can't seem to purchase and download the program

Christa R Suggs

08 Dec, 2021 06:14 PM

Not sure what the problem is. I clicked on purchase and nothing is happening. I'm hoping to use this program instead of Quicken. My brother told me the program can import data from Quicken to facilitate setup.

1. 1 Posted by Christa R Suggs on 08 Dec, 2021 06:17 PM

I would like to buy this program, but can't seem to get it to happen.

2. 2 Posted by dtd on 08 Dec, 2021 06:52 PM

just a user - can't speak to your particular problem, but I'd suggest downloading the trial version (for free) vs. purchasing immediately.

You should be able to go to moneydance.com, then click download, then pick the one you want to "try out".

I'm sure someone else will chime in on how to actually pay money.

3. 3 Posted by Christa Suggs on 08 Dec, 2021 08:19 PM

Thanks, but I tried that and what downloaded is just a disk image.
    Christa

4. 4 Posted by dwg on 08 Dec, 2021 08:25 PM

Purchasing is handled by payments processing company, so will have to wait until they sort out any problems with their system, which I expect will not take long as that is how they make their money :)

In the mean time I would suggest you take dtd's advice and download Moneydance and try it out in trial mode, it is fully functional and you not loose any transactions when you purchase Moneydance as the license key merely unlocks the trial limit.

As far as Quicken is concerned, the data is stored in a proprietary format so you will need to use Quicken itself to export the raw transactions data into one or more QIF files (preferably one) QIF files can be imported into Moneydance, and incidentally into other financial management programs as it is closest thing that exists to an interchange format.

All of the Moneydance downloads are kits that can be installed, If you are having problems with the installation please tell us the Operating system in use, the kit downloaded and what is happening.

5. 5 Posted by Christa Suggs on 08 Dec, 2021 08:34 PM

I tried the trial version and nothing downloaded either.
    Christa

6. 6 Posted by dwg on 08 Dec, 2021 08:39 PM

What do you mean by you tried the trial version and nothing downloaded?

You can download installation kits to your machine from either:

https://infinitekind.com/download-moneydance-personal-finance-software

https://infinitekind.com/preview

Personally I would use the preview release at this time.

You download the kit to your machine first then install it from the downloaded file.

7. 7 Posted by Christa Suggs on 08 Dec, 2021 11:56 PM

I think I downloaded something, but I’m not sure what to do with it. I just started seeing what I could find. I wish there were a tutorial.
    Christa

8. 8 Posted by dwg on 09 Dec, 2021 01:42 AM

I have been keeping notes on installing Moneydance on various platforms.

I have attached the latest version.

9. 9 Posted by Christa Suggs on 09 Dec, 2021 01:44 AM

Thanks. I’ll give it a try in the morning. I’m out of steam tonight.

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Maddy on 09 Dec, 2021 10:57 AM

Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in responding to your query, Christa!

We are really sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered while you were trying to purchase Moneydance.
    We have contacted Paddle about this issue and they confirmed that their engineering team have fixed the temporary issue that was affecting their server.

If you have manged downloading Moneydance 2022.3 (4063) in the meantime and you wish to complete your order, please click here.

Finally, since you are importing your data from from Quicken, I thought I'd send you detailed instruction, please find it below:

You need to open Quicken to export your data into one or more QIF files, first.

Ideally you'll export one QIF file that contains all of your account data. Use the option to export 'all accounts' within one QIF file if this is available within the software you're using. If not, you should export one QIF file for each account in your file.

Make sure you export any closed or inactive accounts containing transfers to your open accounts. You may need to re-open these accounts before exporting.

When you open the program, you'll see the Welcome to Moneydance window. You should choose “Create a new account set” and setup a new data file to get started.

Then follow the prompts to enter a name and currency for your new file.

When viewing your new data file, choose File --> Import. Then navigate to and select the QIF file.

You'll be asked which account you want to import your data into. If you have data for multiple accounts within one QIF file, you can pick any account.

Below this, Moneydance will automatically try to determine the date format and decimal character used within the QIF file.

(If you want to check this, open the QIF file with a text based program like NotePad or TextEdit. This will allow you to check which date format and decimal character are being used.)

Choose 'Import' and wait a moment while your accounts and data are imported into Moneydance.

If it appears some of your accounts are missing from the left side bar, press the '+' button at the bottom of the side bar.
    Choose 'Advanced'. You should see the missing accounts in the panel on the left - highlight the account name and press 'Add' to move the accounts into the panel on the right. When you're done press OK and these accounts should then be available for selection from within the side bar.

Some QIF files don’t include an 'Initial Balance' for your accounts (sometimes referred to as a beginning balance or a starting balance).
    If this is the case, you'll see all transactions have imported but the account balance will show a discrepancy.
    To fix this, select the account and choose Account --> Edit Account. In this window, you can enter an amount into the 'Initial Balance' field.

For investment accounts, QIF file don’t always carry security prices other than buy/sell prices, so investment account balances may be wrong until you update with the current security prices.

Reminders are not included in QIF files as the QIF file format has no ability to include reminder data.

Finally, it may be worth referring you to this article of the Knowledge Base on Possible Problems After QIF Import.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

11. System closed this discussion on 10 Mar, 2022 11:00 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac