Equivalent of Quicken EasyAnswer Reports?

Steve S

09 Dec, 2021 08:51 PM

I am still in the evaluation phase, but almost certainly will be migrating to Moneydance from Quicken. I could use some help in how to do the equivalent of a few of the Quicken (2003 version) EasyAnswer Reports that I use very frequently.

How in Moneydance can I get a list of all transactions for a specified Category (including Memo info) across all Accounts, for a specified date range? This would be like the Quicken EasyAnswer Report "How much did I spent on <categroy>...".

How can I get list of all transactions to a specified payee (Description) across all Accounts, for a specified date range? This would be like the Quicken EasyAnswer Report "How much did I pay to <payee>...".

It seemed like the Advanced Search was going to do this, but I couldn't find a way to specify Category in that search. Nor do I know if it scans across all Accounts.

I use other reports, but these most frequently. If I can learn how to do them, I should be able to figure out the others.

Thanks
Steve

1. 1 Posted by mhoggie on 09 Dec, 2021 11:10 PM

just a user,

The "Transaction Filter" report will do all of those things. And the "Find and Replace" extension will supplement the Advance Search option very well.

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 10 Dec, 2021 01:06 AM

For a category report look at the Income and expense detailed report.

3. 3 Posted by Steve S on 11 Dec, 2021 09:43 PM

Thanks.

Transaction Filter report does not provide for specifying a Category field.

The Find and Replace extension does provide some helpful output.

Income and Expense Detailed report does give me the results I want, but sure would be nice if there was a way to filter out just the Category I am interested in.

4. 4 Posted by dwg on 11 Dec, 2021 09:58 PM

If you go to the parameters screen for the I & E report you will see a box at the bottom of the page with text above it, the text is actually selections so if you click on "By Individual" all categories will be displayed in the box and you can select only the ones you want.

5. 5 Posted by mhoggie on 11 Dec, 2021 10:07 PM

just a user,

The Transaction Filter will allow you to specify the Category although the field only specifies Account. Just start to enter info in the Account field and you will see the full listing of Categories can also be selected.

6. System closed this discussion on 12 Mar, 2022 10:10 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac