account lost

Maia Simon

12 May, 2016 01:56 PM

I did a direct import from Quicken Essentials. Everything was good. I balanced to the bank, created a backup and closed the app. The next day when I opened it, my checking account is gone from the menu on the left and the summary page does not load. I restored it from the backup and this problem persists.

Makes me wish I had opened it today before I paid for it! :)

1. 1 Posted by Maia Simon on 12 May, 2016 02:37 PM

I deleted that file and it's backup and started over.

On the summary page it lists all my accounts, but they don't show on the menu to the left.

And when I closed it and reopened it, the same problem occurred. I cannot access the summary page. Only one credit card shows on the left hand menu. The checking account is not listed there, but is open. Every single transaction has had the category stripped and replaced with "Restored num=5422965 id=6ccda603-9965-4aae-b6d3-e3dd17cba88c 20160512:First Choice Checking"

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Jenny on 13 May, 2016 09:57 AM

Hi Maia,

Sorry to hear about the issues you've encountered.

I've attached a file called "fix_restored_accounts.py" that should resolve this problem for you. Before proceeding, please back up your Moneydance data set, just in case something goes wrong. You can create a backup using the "File->Export Backup" menu option.

To use the file, first save it to your computer and then follow these steps:

1. In Moneydance, click on the Extensions Menu and choose the Manage Extensions option.
    2. From the list of available extensions, choose the Python Interface extension, then click Install to download the extension and finish to complete the installation.
    3. Close the Manage Extensions window.
    4. Again, click the Extensions menu. This time, choose the Python Interface option.
    5. In the python window, click the read from file button and load the file from wherever you saved it. You'll get a confirmation message when the script is finished. Close the window when done.

Hopefully, that will work. You may need to re-add some accounts to your sidebar after running this script. You can do so using the "plus" sign in the bottom left corner of the Moneydance window, underneath the sidebar. This will also resolve the other issues you mentioned.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions or need assistance with this process.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by Maia Simon on 13 May, 2016 02:49 PM

thanks

4. 4 Posted by Maia Simon on 19 May, 2016 03:08 PM

Hi, Jenny,

When I opened my file this morning the same problem is back. Do I have to do this procedure repeatedly?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Jenny on 19 May, 2016 03:13 PM

Hi Maia,

Sorry to hear you've encountered the same issue. Can you try following the steps again and let me know if its successful?

You shouldn't have to run this script multiple times - can I suggest upgrading to the latest version if you haven't already? You can check the version you're running within Moneydance Menu --> About Moneydance. The latest stable version is 2015.7, build 1358 which you can download from here.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

6. 6 Posted by Maia Simon on 19 May, 2016 06:14 PM

yes it worked and yes, I have the latest version. I guess I’m okay for now, but I really hope this isn’t a recurring problem.

I’m on a 2009 Mac Book Pro running OSX Yosemite 10.10.5

maia

7. 7 Posted by Maia Simon on 19 May, 2016 08:21 PM

when I quit the application and reopened it again, the same thing happened. It happens every time I open the application.

8. 8 Posted by Maia Simon on 19 May, 2016 08:37 PM

Okay. This time when I opened the application, all the accounts were missing from the sidebar. I added my checking account and the balances are all wrong. It only has transactions from 2016 and shows overdrafts on everything.

I would like my purchase price refunded. The product does not run reliably on my computer.

Maia Simon

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Jenny on 20 May, 2016 08:26 AM

Hi Maia,

I am sorry for the ongoing issues, and that our product did not meet your needs. I have asked our payment processing partners BMT Micro to process your refund. They will let you know when the process is complete from their end.

Apologies again for the inconvenience, and thank you for your interest in Moneydance.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

10. Jenny closed this discussion on 20 May, 2016 08:26 AM.

11. Maia Simon re-opened this discussion on 20 May, 2016 03:53 PM

12. 10 Posted by Maia Simon on 20 May, 2016 03:53 PM

Thank you for the excellent customer support. I wish the product had worked as I'm trying to ditch Quicken.

Sent from my iPad

13. Ethan closed this discussion on 22 May, 2016 12:52 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

23 May, 2022 07:41 PM
23 May, 2022 07:40 PM
23 May, 2022 07:20 PM