more background info on product

nona jones

20 May, 2016 03:59 PM

1) system requirements: running win7. will not update to win10. no cloud wanted. only hard drive storage. available?

2) hard paper check writing? do not use online banking, mobile access, etc. need to write paper checks.

3) need to migrate accounts/categories/classes from quicken 2004 on winxp to win7. will it work?

simple bookkeeping. no investments. just checking, bill pay, and payment category sort for taxes. will your program do this?
thanx,
nona jones

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 20 May, 2016 10:04 PM

My take on your questions

1) system requirements: running win7. will not update to win10. no cloud wanted. only hard drive storage. available?

Moneydance runs on Windows 7, I even run it on Windows XP. By default all data is stored on the local systems hard disk

2) hard paper check writing? do not use online banking, mobile access, etc. need to write paper checks.

Do you mean can the software print on purchased Cheque stationary, if so the answer is yes the article:

http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/everything-else/how-do-i-print-chec...

provides details.

3) need to migrate accounts/categories/classes from quicken 2004 on winxp to win7. will it work?

In general no software, other than Quicken, can process Quicken data files, It is necessary to use Quicken to export the data into a universal format and generally the QIF format, although not perfect, is used.

The articles at the following location:

http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/importing-data-from-banks-and-other...

should help with migrating data.

simple bookkeeping. no investments. just checking, bill pay, and payment category sort for taxes. will your program do this?

Yes the software should be able to meet your requirements.

I would suggest downloading and using the software in trial mode to try it out is a good approach. You can test everything, there is no limit on imported data, the sole limit being a 100 manually entered transaction limit which should be ample for testing

2. System closed this discussion on 02 Oct, 2016 02:35 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

23 May, 2022 07:41 PM
23 May, 2022 07:40 PM
23 May, 2022 07:20 PM