Reckon Accounts Plus 2016

Gary Spurge

10 Apr, 2022 05:20 AM

Playing with a trial version of this program. I am a disgruntled Reckon user. Moneydance seems to do everthing I need. Is there a way to import from a QBB file into Moneydance?Reckon do not give me the option of of exporting to a QIF file. (Ctrl-Shift-Z does not work on this version) I do not need the payroll data just the accounts/transactions. Alternatively is there a utility to do a conversion to QIF that could then be imported?
I can delay any shift until end of financial year

1. 1 Posted by dtd on 10 Apr, 2022 05:45 AM

just a user - we have at least one Reckon converting USER who has a lot of information on this. But they are in Australia and you may have missed their timing window (day/night) - so you may need to wait a day...

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 10 Apr, 2022 05:49 AM

I'm a fellow user.

The Ctrl-Shift-Z trick is for Reckon Personal Plus and Quicken's Personal products.

Accounts Plus is a business product and by the sound of the extension is based on Quckbooks

We know that Quickbook is a problem it only has proprietary export options so I expect Reckon to be the same, especially given Reckon's attitude.

Below I have given what we know of Quickbooks it may help.

It is unknown if it would be effect but you could try to set up a journal report, to show all journal entries. Print the report using the "print to file" option. Set the file type to Excel before printing. Rename the extension of the resulting file from PRN to CSV.

The CVS importer in Moneydance may be able to handle this file but this is unknown as we have no experience with QuickBooks and have not found any references about the files produced, or seen a sample from QuickBooks.

I have not seen or heard any reference to a converter, I suspect there is not one. Companies like Reckon and Intuit are not exactly co-operative.

Irrespective of what software you migrate to I think you will have some work to do.

3. System closed this discussion on 10 Jul, 2022 05:50 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

06 Feb, 2023 06:50 AM
06 Feb, 2023 05:48 AM
06 Feb, 2023 04:16 AM