Purchasing Moneydance

Sandy

22 May, 2016 05:22 PM

I have played with the trial download and made several mistakes in recording accounts, that I am now aware of. When I purchase the product, does it come without any previous entries from the trial or totally clean?

Also, if I make a mistake in entering a transaction, is there an "edit" where I can correct it, or do I have to delete the transaction and re-enter it?

thank you.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 22 May, 2016 05:27 PM

Hello,

To create a new data set, on the trial or purchased version, simply go to File -> New from the Moneydance menu bar.

You should be able to edit any part of any transaction by double clicking on it in the register.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by Sandy on 22 May, 2016 05:28 PM

Is there a way to change my base account in the trial so I won't have this incorrect entry appear in my purchased version?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ethan on 22 May, 2016 05:30 PM

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by "change my base account." Can you try explaining it in a different way in more detail?

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

4. 4 Posted by Sandra Stern on 22 May, 2016 10:22 PM

The "base" that appears next to the stack of coins in my version now reads Bank of American #7897 which is one of my checking accounts.  I would prefer for my "base" to read Personal Finances
    Can this be corrected? or can I be sure if I purchase, this mistake will not carry over?

On Sunday, May 22, 2016 10:30 AM, Ethan <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv1881862266 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv1881862266 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

5. 5 Posted by -Kevin N. on 22 May, 2016 11:09 PM

Hi Sandy,

To change the 'base' name, you need to locate and change the name of the actual data set.

Provided that you are using the default location for Moneydance data sets, you can easily access the required location from within Moneydance.

From the Moneydance menu bar, go to Help > Show Documents Folder.

A file browser will open to the default location for Moneydance data sets. You should see your data set there in the following format:
    yourfilename.moneydance
    Where yourfilename is the name that you gave to your data set.

Be sure that you know and understand this location. You'll need to navigate back to it on your own shortly.

At this point, close Moneydance but keep the file browser open.

You can then go ahead and rename yourfilename.moneydance to
    the desired name, making certain to retain the .moneydance extension.

The next time that you start Moneydance, you will likely be greeted with the Moneydance Welcome screen.
    Click the 'Open Other' link on the Welcome Screen.
    Again, a file browser will open allowing you to navigate to the location of the data set that you just renamed.
    Highlight the data set and click 'Open' on the file browser window.
    Going forward, Moneydance will remember this data set as the default.

That should do it.

HTH -Kevin N.

6. 6 Posted by Sandra Stern on 22 May, 2016 11:53 PM

Thank you Kevin.  It was just easier to create a new base.  I do have two other questions:  first, in the "check#" column, I would like to add "Online" to the options.  How do I do that?
    Also, should I continue to add my transactions until I reach my 100 and then will it prompt me to purchase at which time I will purchase; and all my entries will transfer to my purchased download? Or should I stop what I'm doing now, go back to the home page and purchase, then continue to enter my transactions...
    Now that I am getting familiar with the operation, I do love it!

On Sunday, May 22, 2016 4:09 PM, -Kevin N. <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv7915620770 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv7915620770 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Ethan on 23 May, 2016 12:49 AM

To edit the items in the Check column, open your Summary page by clicking on it at the top of your left sidebar, and then go to Account -> Edit Account from the menu bar. You can then add or delete items that appear in the check column.

You can either purchase now or wait until you reach your 100 transaction limit; it makes no difference. Purchasing from http://infinitekind.com/purchase at any point will provide you with a license key to remove the 100 transaction limit. Nothing in your data files will be changed.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

8. System closed this discussion on 02 Oct, 2016 02:35 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

23 May, 2022 07:41 PM
23 May, 2022 07:40 PM
23 May, 2022 07:20 PM