USAA accounts not synching in Moneydance+

andrew

06 May, 2022 10:04 PM

Hi... I have MoneyDance+ set up with my USAA account. In 'Set up Moneydance+', it shows my USAA s 'Connected', but when I download 'all available'... or any other combination... it does nothing. What have I missed?

Thanks!
Andrew

1. 1 Posted by dtd on 06 May, 2022 10:53 PM

just a user - I can't speak to this as I use OFX with all of my USAA accounts.

That said, I'd be interested in seeing what you find out for MD+ with USAA.

First question, though - what version are you using - with download fixes, I'd suggest going beyond the stable 4077 and downloading the preview 4078.

Similarly, if it does "nothing" - is it possible you still have OFX installed for USAA (pre-fix)

2. 2 Posted by andrew on 06 May, 2022 10:56 PM

I’m using the latest build: 2022.3 (4077).

I’ve been using OFX as well… which has been a notable downgrade since the ‘disconnect’ last year. I was really hoping MoneyDance+ would be a major upgrade… and am still holding out hope!

3. 3 Posted by dtd on 06 May, 2022 11:42 PM

I personally find that OFX with USAA has been fantastic for over a year. That said, I’m the documenter of the fix.

It sounds like you may be still using it - if so what’s the downgrade?

It is likely you never disconnected the OFX USAA connections within Moneydance. OFX “wins” over MD+ - if you wish to use MD+ with OFX you will need to disconnect the OFX side to make it work.

As someone who has worked with USAA MD+ people (but don’t use it myself) - I find OFX USAA superior - but that’s why I ask you to report back, so I can gather more info.

4. 4 Posted by andrew on 07 May, 2022 12:31 AM

I think I may be stumbling on the definition for OFX: I was quickly assuming you meant just downloading the statements individually - but you’re probably referring to the other workaround that I had briefly read about but not followed up on. I had a routine of opening up the downloads in Excel… pasting in a formula, then importing into MD. That worked… but was clearly a downgrade from the automatic downloads I’ve been using for years.

Your notes prompted me to look deeper: I disabled the classic online banking and tried again — and it worked. It might be useful for MD to prompt users newly configuring PLUS that it won’t work while the other method is still configured.

Cheers,
    Andrew

5. 5 Posted by dtd on 07 May, 2022 03:52 AM

Sounds like you have MD+ and USAA now working - would love to hear your experiences.

I'm sticking with OFX (automatic downloads), but as I wrote how to do that, it's not surprising

6. System closed this discussion on 06 Aug, 2022 04:00 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

06 Feb, 2023 05:48 AM
06 Feb, 2023 04:16 AM
06 Feb, 2023 03:50 AM