Weird mistakes

sandywf

11 May, 2022 05:02 PM

I'm trying out a demo copy of MD for Mac (OS 12.3.1). I have imported a .qmtf file from Quicken and have encountered many strange errors. I have several banking accounts (all are actually the same account, which I have "virtually" separated into sub-accounts for different uses) and a few credit card accounts.
The various transactions all seem to be there, at a quick glance, but most of the totals are wildly off. For example, I should have $6460,69 in my main "savings account", but it shows a negative balance of over -$600. Only two of the "accounts" that I set up in my checking account are correct, out of five. Similarly, only one of my four credit cards show correct totals, some being off by thousands of dollars.
Do you have any suggestions before I tear my hair out? Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by dtd on 11 May, 2022 06:47 PM

Did you set up initial balances for each account to make the final total correct?

just a user

2. 2 Posted by sandywf on 11 May, 2022 07:11 PM

Thanks for your reply. I've just figured out what I did wrong -- I deleted the (null) account, which messed everything up. I've started over now, but I"m a little frustrated that (null) and a couple of other accounts that I don't want/need are still showing. Still, at least my totals are correct now. Thanks again.

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 11 May, 2022 07:32 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Sandra

To hide unwanted accounts highlight them in the Side Bar, list on left and click ACCOUNT – EDIT ACCOUNT and tick INACTIVE box. Then highlight them in the Side Bar, right click REMOVE FROM SIDE BAR.

Hope this helps.

4. 4 Posted by sandywf on 11 May, 2022 08:48 PM

Ah! Thanks very much! That did the trick. :) I have lots more to explore, of course, but it's looking very good.

5. Maddy closed this discussion on 12 May, 2022 12:36 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac