Account won't delete

rcwynn

20 May, 2022 11:52 AM

I am still in the process of switching from crappy Quicken. There is an account in Moneydance that just will not delete. I can't remove it from my side bar, I can't delete it from any methods I am aware of. There are no transactions in it. See Screen Shots/

I click to delete and click Yes. Nothing happens. I believe at one point I was asked to type YES but that is not happening at all now. This account just will not delete. I checked GUID in the account name and it does not change.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 20 May, 2022 12:16 PM

Hi,

We are sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered.

Usually restored accounts are orphan data and you should be able to delete them if there are no transactions in them.
    Have you tried restarting your computer?

Secondly, I've noticed that some of your accounts have an "X" appended to the name. Was this intentional?

A method that some versions of Quicken have used with initial balances is to transfer the amount from the same account, so it does a transfer from itself.

As Moneydance is based on Accounting principles this is a totally invalid thing to do, so on occasions it creates another account of the same name with an "X" appended to the name.
    To see if this is what has happened open this account and see if it has a single entry in it which reflects the opening balance of the account.
    If it does you can use the Account Info screen in Moneydance to set an initial balance and then remove the account with the X at the end of the name and the transaction in it.

Please keep us posted on your progress, Thank you!

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 20 May, 2022 12:25 PM

Also post help/show console here too.

3. 3 Posted by rcwynn on 27 May, 2022 07:19 PM

This can be closed. The account did disappear after a restart.

4. rcwynn closed this discussion on 27 May, 2022 07:19 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac