Transfer from Quicken

jack

29 May, 2022 04:42 PM

Can someone help. I exported the quicken file as a .QIF to import to Moneydance. All the accounts seemed to transfer but not all the transactions even though the date was set from 2002 to the last transaction date. Can anyone tell me how to get this to work as I want to move to a new PC. I have attached a screen shot of the options to export in quicken 2015.
Anyone that can help please do. The import to Moneydance was month, date year then decimal point
If there is more information needed to fix this ley me know.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 29 May, 2022 10:39 PM

I'm a fellow user.

Moneydance , or any other program, can only work with the data that is in the QIF file.

As a QIF file is only a text file I suggest you open it in a editor or word processor and have a look at the contents, see if you can find some transactions that have not transferred.

See if there is there anything consistent about them, are they the same type if transaction etc.

There is no "oh you need to use this setting to make it work" type of thing, so we need more information on what is not transferring to understand what the problem might be.

2. 2 Posted by derekkent23 on 30 May, 2022 06:20 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi jack

You could also try ticking all the boxes in the Quicken INCLUDE IN EXPORT window.

Hope this helps

3. System closed this discussion on 29 Aug, 2022 06:30 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac