Question about Quickbooks data transfer and Split transactions.

Holly Deveny

24 Aug, 2022 01:24 PM

I have been using Quickbooks for 15 or more years. But can no longer afford the cost and am considering Moneydance...two questions...

I. Can I transfer my Quickbooks files to MoneyDance?

2. Can I have a split transaction. For example, when I pay my Visa bill, I split the total payment into separate categories when posting to Quickbooks...often as many as 5 or 6. I DO NOT use online services and post everything manually.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 24 Aug, 2022 02:17 PM

Hi Holly,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to import Quickbooks data directly into Moneydance, as Quickbooks can only export you data as a QBB, which is a proprietary data format. Unfortunately Moneydance cannot import their files, so it is not currently possible to transfer Quickbooks data to Moneydance.

That being said, we encourage you to download our free trial version and experiment with the program. You can download the trial version of Moneydance from our website on this page.

The trial version is fully functional and allows you to manually enter 100 transactions. Imported transactions are not limited, so you'll be able to fully test downloading data from your bank, and importing data from other personal finance software.
    If you decide to purchase the program at a later date you can keep all data you have entered during the trial period.

You can find the Moneydance knowledge base here which will be useful if you're using the program for the first time. We would be happy to provide guidance if you have any questions or need assistance getting setup.

Finally, please refer to these articles on:
    1) Entering Transactions and how to split a transaction into several categories
    2) Manual Downloads

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. System closed this discussion on 23 Nov, 2022 02:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac