uploading/importing bank transactions for the last 18-24 months

Philip DeBevoise

05 Sep, 2022 07:24 PM

Aside from connecting electronically to my bank accounts and updating my transactions, is there an ability to import or upload past transactions that might be beyond what a bank sync allows?

I ask, because other systems seem to electronically synch the last 90 days or so and then provide no system to import the rest without having to manually enter each older transaction.

I'm thinking of switching to Moneydance but require this answer first before doing so. thx!

Philip

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 05 Sep, 2022 07:57 PM

Hi Philip,

Some financial institutions will provide manually downloadable data files beyond the usual 90-day time frame of direct connect downloads.

Moneydance can manually import OFX, OFC, QFX, QIF, CSV & TXT files into bank and credit card account types.

OFX, OFC, QFX & QIF files for investment accounts.

You'll need to see if your financial institution provides such files for the time frame that you are interested in.

If your current personal financial management program allows for exporting data in one of the above formats, you may be able to build your account data from that.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. System closed this discussion on 05 Dec, 2022 08:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac