quicken to moneydance import issues

Michael Shen

07 Sep, 2022 12:58 PM

I have many brokerage accounts each are severely incorrect in its import. see attached.
one major problem is cash balance is incorrectly adding shares in as the value of the stock

i have been trialing your software on and off every few years. i see massive improvements in non-brokerage accounts to the point i am considering getting out of quicken, but the brokerage side needs a lot more work. ifyou can help fix this problem, you've got a customer for life! i am sure not just myself but the many individuals fed up with quicken.

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by tgilbert666 on 15 Oct, 2022 03:49 AM

Hi derekkent23.
    Thanks for the suggestion, and pardon me (another user) for jumping in but . . .

One of the places - indeed the most likely in my opinion - is the Search results screen across the top-level (Summary) account where a back button is missed.

Neither clicking nor double-clicking on a transaction in the results opens a new window like you suggest (OR shows the relevant account to allow me to go there directly myself in a new window), instead moving the focus from "Summary" to the relevant account using the existing window.
    Then, if I want to go "back" to that results screen, it's a cumbersome process to reselect the Summary "account", re-run the search and try to recall which transaction I already checked (or even which string I used this time to search on!) THIS is where the Back button would be extremely useful and I imagine that the regular requests for one to be added are promulgated from this use-case for which I can find no simple workaround.

Cheers,

2. 32 Posted by derekkent23 on 15 Oct, 2022 08:42 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi tgilbert666

You are correct double clicking on a transaction resulting from a simple search using the search box top right of the summary page does not result in a second window opening.

I asked Michael
    Can you explain what a back button would do.

His reply was
    the back button in quick goes to the previous page. for example: if i went to acount 1, then account 2. first back button brings me to account
    1, a subsequent back button click brings me to the home view.

My answer related to that question i.e. double clicking on an account in the side bar opens a second window and you can then switch back and forward using the task bar. Double clicking on another account in the side bar will open a third window and so on. You can also resize the windows to look at multiple windows at the same time.

In your example, using the simple search then clicking on one of the transaction found as you say does not open a second window. Perhaps you should post asking for a back button in the Suggestion section.

The best work around I can suggest in the current situation is to use Advance Search under EDIT (Ctrl + shift + F) or the extension Find and Replace. Both of these do allow you to open a second window on double clicking a result. You can then switch back to the results list, and use double click on a different result to update the second window.

Hope this helps.

3. 33 Posted by Michael Shen on 28 Oct, 2022 06:27 PM

how do i tell "how many amzn shares do i have"?
    i quicken it was very easy - go to security list, click on amzn, and it would list total amazn shares and the breakdown in all accounts

in MD... going to securities, edit securities, gets me prices by date and splits. going to porfoilo report gets me stock breakdown by brokerage - but i dont care what other stocks i want and dont want to sift through large lists

4. 34 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 28 Oct, 2022 06:58 PM

Extension. Extract data. Select option stockglance2020. Click display.

5. 35 Posted by Michael Shen on 28 Oct, 2022 08:05 PM

Ah. Thank you!

So far all needs are served (compared to quicken)... it's just that a
    lot are through extensions or in non-intuitive places.

But I can't complain!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• moneydance.docx 160 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac