Chromebook Linux install - app info not found

donaldspero

28 Sep, 2022 01:16 AM

Chromebook with Linux turned on. Download Moneydance to /Downloads, tapped the file, selected Install w/ Linux, and the dialog indicates the app info is not found.
I assume the download is a 100 entry trial until activated with purchase.
Any help is appreciated.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 28 Sep, 2022 12:22 PM

Hi Donald,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

You can find the steps for installing Moneydance on your Chrome OS in this article of the Knowledge base.

Additionally, you can get directly to the download files (and all of the Linux installers) for our stable releases here

Finally, the trial version is fully functional and allows you to manually enter 100 transactions. Imported transactions are not limited, so you'll be able to fully test downloading data from your bank, and importing data from other personal finance software.
    If you decide to purchase the program at a later date you can keep all data you have entered during the trial period.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by donaldspero on 28 Sep, 2022 07:37 PM

Re-downloaded and watch video. Double clicked and same response with "info not found". I have attached a screen capture.
    Today I did d/l the Windows version and imported my main banking account (from Quicken 2021) with no known issues. But I'm trying to switch to a Chromebook (Acer Spin 714 ... CP714-1WN-53M9) so I will not be using Windows.
    Hope you can help with a solution so I can move forward.

3. 3 Posted by donaldspero on 29 Sep, 2022 04:09 PM

Solved: Moneydance installation file was downloaded to my Chromebook /Downloads where it would not install.
    I moved the install file to /Linux/Downloads and the install went perfectly.

... and away we go!

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Maddy on 30 Sep, 2022 07:39 AM

I'm very pleased to hear that, Donald!

I'll close this discussion for now, but do not hesitate to contact us again, if you need further assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

5. Maddy closed this discussion on 30 Sep, 2022 07:39 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac