Cash Flow Graphs

howard.chaloner

01 Jun, 2016 09:26 PM

Hello. I am currently on Quicken and considering a switch. An essential feature I need is to be able to forward forecast account balance based on recurring and manual transactions in the form of a graph. I can see that cash flow is available as a report but is a graph available when I can see account balances over the next 6 months say?

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 01 Jun, 2016 10:32 PM

Hi Howard,

There is an extension called Money Foresight that provides a graphical display of cashflow. (see screenshot) The graph can be displayed on the Summary Page if you wish.

Money Foresight is a third-party extension. There is a free version as well as a paid ($10) version.

If I can make a suggestion, try the free trial version of Moneydance to see if it suits your needs. You can d/l it here:
    http://infinitekind.com/download-moneydance-personal-finance-software

HTH -Kevin N.

2. 2 Posted by howard.chaloner on 02 Jun, 2016 05:38 PM

Hi Kevin
    Many thanks for that. I have downloaded the trial and activated Money Foresight in the summary page. I presume because it is a trial that my test transactions are not showing in full as the date range is greyed out?

3. 3 Posted by -Kevin N. on 02 Jun, 2016 05:57 PM

Hi Howard,

The date range for the trial version of Money Foresight is set to a 1 month forecast. If the paid-for version of 'Money Foresight' is similar to it's predecessor 'Forecaster' then it will provide forecasts for up to 3 years in increments of days, weeks, months or years.

The screenshot that I provided is actually that of 'Forecaster'.

Forecaster has become a mainstay on my home / summary page. The program itself, listed under the Extensions menu provides some really useful options.

HTH -Kevin N.

4. System closed this discussion on 02 Oct, 2016 02:36 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac