Importing Accounts and Downloading New Transactions

Anna Casey

27 Jun, 2016 05:41 PM

I imported my Quicken accounts and massaged my bank and credit card accounts until the balances were what they were supposed to be. Then when I went online to get credit card transactions, my bank and credit card balances were way off.
I see that there are duplicate transactions, some with orange boxes and some with blue dots.

I think I would like to start over again with the importing of the 1 QIF file.
Please tell me how to delete existing MoneyDance file - what is it called, what's the file extension, what folder does it reside in?

After I import the QIF file again, before I download transactions from my credit card accounts, what do I have to do to the accounts to avoid downloading duplicate transactions?

Could you please give me some hints/tips?

Thank you,
Anna Casey

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 28 Jun, 2016 12:05 AM

Hello Anna,

It sounds like after you have imported data from your bank, you haven't gone through the process of confirming your transactions, which is what the blue dots indicate. This process is described in detail on pages 38-39 of the Moneydance User Guide with screenshots (http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/user-guides/moneydance-2015-user-guide)

May I ask how you are getting your transactions into Moneydance from your bank? Are you using direct connections (the options in the Online menu in the menu bar) or are you downloading and importing a file from your bank's website? If you are downloading a file, what file type is it?

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

2. System closed this discussion on 02 Oct, 2016 02:38 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac