Mondey Dance from Mac to Money Dance for Windows

alain

29 Jun, 2016 01:17 AM

Hi,

We are currently using Money Dance for Mac, we are shifting to Microsoft (Windows 10) based network. May I know the procedure on how to migrate the data from mac to windows. Can I use the money dance mac license to money dance for windows?

Thanks & regards,alain

1. 1 Posted by Ian O on 29 Jun, 2016 09:19 AM

Hi Alain,

You can follow the steps in this article to move your data to the new system. You need to move the entire data set, which is a yourfilename.moneydance file/folder. If your data is stored in the default location, you can access it within Moneydance Help --> Show Documents Folder. Follow the steps to move the data to your Flash Drive or USB (or whatever your preferred method is for moving your data), and move it to the new system. When you open Moneydance on your Windows, you can navigate to this location to open your data.

If you would like to share the data between the two systems using Dropbox, you can follow the steps in this article. You will need to ensure that you are running the same version of Moneydance on both systems and only open your data on one system at a time to avoid corruption.

If you purchased Moneydance directly from our site, then you will have been sent a license key by email. This license key will work with both Mac and Windows versions of Moneydance. I was unable to find your purchase in our system using you email address - [email blocked]. If you purchased Moneydance using another email address, please advise and I should be able to locate it.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can be of further assistance.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

2. System closed this discussion on 02 Oct, 2016 02:38 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac