Several questions on making the switch from Quicken

Austin Bankhead

30 Jun, 2016 03:37 AM

Hi there-

I'm switching to MoneyDance from Quicken 2013. Couple of questions for you:

1. How do I automatically download transactions from credit card companies.
2. For online banking, I use CapitalOne 360. I try to enter my information, but it says the login information is incorrect? Are there any bugs I should know about.
3. When I upload credit card transactions and confirm them, there is a small window at the bottom of my screen that shows only a few lines of the downloaded batch. Although my cursor shows that I could drag the window up and make it bigger, it won't work. How can I fix this? I've attached a screen shot of the issue.

I'm trying to figure out if this will work in the trial version, then will be delighted to buy the software. So far it's working pretty well. Quicken upload (8 years of data) went pretty well. So glad there is an alternative to Quicken.

Thanks,
Austin

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jenny on 01 Jul, 2016 08:47 AM

Hi Austin,

Moneydance supports automatic downloads via Direct Connect, and you can view a list of banks that support this feature here.
    If your bank is on the list, this means they support direct OFX connections. You can set this up within Moneydance, by going to Online --> Set Up Online Banking. Then select 'New Connection' and choose your financial institution from the list. You may need to contact your bank to enable Direct Connect access, and for your login credentials (which generally differ from those used for online banking).
    Although Capital One do support Direct Connect, unfortunately they do not support direct OFX connections for their Credit Card accounts.
    Without Direct Connect, the best way to get your files into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download them from your bank's web site. You can download into QFX, OFX or OFC files (aka Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance.

Looking at the screenshot you've sent, it appears you may have enabled 'split register mode', which separates out your unconfirmed from your confirmed transactions. You can exit the split register view by clicking on the icon that looks like a grey box, just to the right of the 'New Transaction' button at the upper right of the register.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

2. System closed this discussion on 02 Oct, 2016 02:38 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac