Canada

wayneO

18 Jul, 2016 03:13 AM

does MoneyDance work in Canada with Canadian Banks?

1. 1 Posted by Ian O on 18 Jul, 2016 11:28 AM

Hi Wayne,

Moneydance supports automatic downloads via Direct Connect, and you can view a list of banks that support this feature here. Unfortunately most Canadians banks do not support this feature.

Without Direct Connect, the best way to get your files into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download them from your bank's web site. You can download into QFX, OFX or OFC files (aka Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance.
    You can also open your bank's download page directly (after entering the appropriate address in the Account --> Edit Account menu) by going to the menu bar and selecting Online --> Open Account Website, which makes the download process easier.

If you haven't already, I encourage you to download our free trial version and experiment with the program. The demo version is fully functional and allows you to manually enter 100 transactions. Imported transactions are not limited, so you'll be able to fully test importing your data from your banks.

If you decide to purchase the program at a later date you can keep all your data, the license key simply unlocks the ability to manually enter more transactions. You can download the trial version of Moneydance from here.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions of if I can be of further assistance.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by louis.audet on 29 Jul, 2016 04:05 PM

Hi Ian,

So just to make sure I understand. As a canadian, I wont have the feature (Direct Connect) that would download automaticaly all my accounts transactions.

So, I would have to, let's say once a month, to download manualy the QFX files and import them.

I'm I correct?

Best regards,

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 29 Jul, 2016 10:19 PM

Louis

For any Financial Institution that does not offer Direct Connect - and this is pretty much everywhere except the U.S. - your analysis is correct.

4. System closed this discussion on 28 Oct, 2016 10:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

02 Mar, 2024 09:57 AM
02 Mar, 2024 08:27 AM
02 Mar, 2024 05:53 AM