Purchase

Ken Wilson

19 Jul, 2016 04:28 PM

I recently downloaded the sample version of MoneyDance. I then imported a bunch of accounts from MSMONEY from QIS files. What showed was a lot of old, outdated files from my MSMONEY program. These were not part of the QIS files so I don't understand where there came from. Prior to purchasing MoneyDance I will remove the "sample" version. Will the purchased version come in "clean" so that I can import only the files that I need?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 19 Jul, 2016 05:55 PM

Hello,

I'm not sure what a QIS file is. Did you perhaps mean QIF files?

There is no difference between the trial version and the purchased version beyond unlocking the manual transaction limit, so purchasing the program will not affect anything in this process. Can you confirm that you have been following the instructions on importing from MS Money at http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/importing-data-from-banks-and-other...?

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by Mary Ng-Wilson on 19 Jul, 2016 07:55 PM

Yes, I mean't QIF files. Quite frankly I not sure if I followed the correct procedures
    when I imported the QIF files. So I will remove the sample, purchase MoneyDance and see what happens! I assume if the same "garbage" files show up there will be an option to delete them.

Sent from my iPad

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jenny on 20 Jul, 2016 11:37 AM

Hi,

Within Moneydance you can navigate to File --> New, which will create a new blank data set, and you can attempt the import process again following the steps.
    You can switch between data sets by navigating to File --> Open, where any data sets will be listed.

If you'd like to remove your data, then you can follow the steps in this article to delete an unwanted data set.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

4. System closed this discussion on 19 Oct, 2016 11:40 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac