Importing Quicken Data WIth Investment Account Transfers of Mixed Currency

Don

18 Aug, 2015 07:42 PM

I have a number of investment accounts that let me trade in mixed currencies though I just trade in CAD and USD. In Quicken, you can't have mixed currencies for an account so I basically had to create an account for each currency I traded in (e.g. RRSP (USD) and RRSP (CAD) ). I frequently used BoughtX, SoldX, and DivX in Quicken as I kept the cash Balance in my CAD account and did purchases in the US account by doing a transfer and purchase. This would created 1 transaction in my US account that lined up with 1 transaction in my CAD account differing by the exchange rate used for that given transaction.

Now, when I import all these into Moneydance, it gets really ugly. A total of 4 transactions get created and they all use the current exchange rate rather than the exchange rate that was used for that transaction in Quicken. I can't just delete the transactions that appear invalid in a given account either as it deletes what is a valid transaction that it is paired to in the other account. Is there a way to get the import to use the actual exchange rate save against the Quicken transaction and not use the current rate? I think this would stop the duplicates from being created.

1. System closed this discussion on 19 Mar, 2016 04:59 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac