data transfer from Quicken (Windows) to Mac version of Money Dance

russ

09 Dec, 2015 08:48 PM

I am converting from Windows to a MAC. I currently run Quicken 2014 windows version. Will the data from Windows Quicken convert to Money Dance? I hate to loose five years of financial data.

Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jenny on 10 Dec, 2015 09:49 AM

Hi Russ,

I would recommend reading the following article, which details how you can export your data from Quicken, and import into Moneydance - http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/importing-data-from-banks-and-other...

If you haven't already, I encourage you to download our free trial version and experiment with the program before you decide if you would like to purchase it. The demo version is fully functional and allows you to manually enter 100 transactions. Imported transactions are not limited, so you'll be able to fully test importing your data.

If you decide to purchase the program at a later date you can keep all your data, the license key simply unlocks the ability to manually enter more transactions. You can download the trial version of Moneydance from here:
    http://infinitekind.com/downloads

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thanks for your interest in Moneydance.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

2. Jenny closed this discussion on 10 Dec, 2015 09:49 AM.

3. Ed Wright Iii re-opened this discussion on 13 Dec, 2015 06:11 PM

4. 2 Posted by Ed Wright Iii on 13 Dec, 2015 06:11 PM

Can Quicken data from a windows based Quicken be imported into Money Dance for the Apple IOS ?
    Thanks.

On Thursday, December 10, 2015 3:49 AM, Jenny <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv5154248900 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv5154248900 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

5. 3 Posted by dwg on 13 Dec, 2015 07:42 PM

If I'm not mistaken IOS is the OS for the Apple Smartphone.

The Smartphone applications are ancillary applications largely meant for entry of data one the move (entering bank and credit card applications as they occur). The main Moneydance software must still reside on a desktop or notebook type machine and the smart phone synchronizes with this to update the main datafile that is on the desktop/notebook.

The smartphone applications are not standalone programs.

6. 4 Posted by Rusty on 13 Dec, 2015 08:06 PM

Sorry. I meant the Apple MAC operating system

Sent from my iPhone

7. 5 Posted by dwg on 13 Dec, 2015 09:21 PM

You can export your data from Quicken on a PC into a QIF file or files, move these files to a MAC then import them into Moneydance on the MAC.

QIF files are simple ASCII files

8. Jenny closed this discussion on 14 Jan, 2016 03:26 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac