Money Syncing is disabled.

Glenn Nattrass

05 Feb, 2020 01:29 AM

Hello;

My version of Moneydance has now disabled syncing with my Dropbox account and has no 'Enable' box under 'File-Syncing'. Is this a known problem?

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 05 Feb, 2020 08:11 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Glen

First a bit about syncing. You have one primary computer, the one you first set up syncing on using MONEYDANCE – SYNCING and any number of secondary computers set up using MONEYDANCE – NEW – OPEN SYNCED FILE. You can change the sync method on your primary computer but not on a secondary computer.
    However, if you restore your primary computer from a secondary computer backup your syncing method will be greyed out and you will not be able to change it. Make sure the auto backups for the primary and secondary computers are not set to use the same location if you are say using Dropbox.
    It is possible to convert a secondary data set to a primary data set if you find all your computers have a secondary data set.
    If you think this the case I can post a script to convert a secondary data set to a primary data set.

Hope this helps.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac