Sync Disabled (To attention of Sean)

ozgirgin

03 Jul, 2021 12:46 PM

Dear Sean you requested to proceed with a new page. Here is the resume.
I use Moneydance since the last 4 years. Synced by Dropbox.
Since September 2020 ths sync option has been disabled (Version wa 2020.1 at that time and currently it is 2021.1 (3069).
I purchased a new licence during the new year. Still syncing disabled.
I communicated with maddy several times.
I was able share with my laptop.
Laptop MacBookPro (2021 BigSur Ver 11.4) Desktop Windows 10 Pro (Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 48 GB RAM)
My desktop stores the data file in C drive ("users" folder) and my laptop stores the data file in "Library/Containers/com.infinitekind.MoneydanceOSX"
I tried using "md_convert_secondary_to_primary_data_set.py" several times, but did not work.
The message that I receive is: Error running script: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.python.core.PySystemState

I was requested:
To use the .py file, first save it to your computer and then follow these steps:
1. In Moneydance, select Window --> Show Moneybot Console
2. In the window that appears, select 'Open Script' then select the .py file
3. Click the Run button to run the script file
4. Wait a few moments until you see a message on screen, confirming the script has run successfully.
5. Close and restart Moneydance.

I still receive the error message: Error running script: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

I sent logs, still no advance

I was requested:
I have provided the steps below:
1. First disable Dropbox syncing in Moneydance via File --> Syncing. Change the sync method to "Don't Sync" on both computers.
Then close Moneydance and make sure the program is fully closed.
2. Then re-open Moneydance and navigate to File --> Syncing.
Choose a sync method
3. Then select File --> New, from the main program, or select "Create a new account set" from the Welcome window.
Finally, select a sync method, choose your file, and enter the encryption password.
Please let us know if the problem continues after following these steps, and we will troubleshoot further
Did not work. In both computers the situation is in “Don’t Sync” method. So whether together or in different it does not change. Because there is no option for disabling sync condition as it is already disabled. My problem is how to Access the options.
I sent screen shots.
No improvement
Sean you remember that you have connected my computer by teamViewer – tried to mak sam changes. NO IMPROVEMENT Itwas November 8, 2020

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by ozgirgin on 01 Aug, 2021 02:30 AM

Nothing appeared in the console

2. 32 Posted by ozgirgin on 01 Aug, 2021 02:36 AM

Thank you very much for your support.

It has been exactly one year that this happened and you are giving support.

I tried all. Run-as administrator; turned-off antivirus and firewall.

Please let me inform you that if I initiate a new Moneydance account, no problem exists. So I understand that this shows that the situation is not related with the Windows 10.

And else (I wish to sync Moneydance file with my MacBook) and I tried to make the principal Moneydance program there, I tried to sync through my MacBook, the same situation existed.

Many thanks

Prof. Dr. O. Nuri Ozgirgin

3. 33 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 01 Aug, 2021 06:08 AM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

I think at this point further suggestions from me won’t help. You ideally need IK support to Remote Desktop into your system and address. Let’s see.

(Not support, just a fellow user)

4. Support Staff 34 Posted by Sean Reilly on 01 Aug, 2021 11:03 PM

Hi @ozgirgin,

I agree with Stuart that the fastest way to resolve this should be a screen sharing session. If that's ok with you can you let me know if there's a good day and time this week to do it? I'm available most days 9am-6pm and 10pm-midnight UK time.

Thanks,
    Sean

--
    Sean Reilly
    Developer, The Infinite Kind
    https://infinitekind.com

5. 35 Posted by ozgirgin on 13 Oct, 2021 03:45 AM

The problem solved with the new version (2022) 

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac