MD Mac and MD iPhone not syncing

rsworden

16 May, 2022 01:06 AM

MD Mac says I'm using Dropbox Connection. MD iPhone just says Dropbox. Transactions are missing in both directions: one I created on iPhone today is not in Mac. Many from Mac over the last month are missing from iPhone.

MD iPhone at the bottom says Last Sync and that date/time is current.

I have disconnected and reconnected twice. I see the same result.

Please let me know how I can get it back on track, or see a log to show why it's starting up silently, and updating the Last Sync date, but not really syncing.

Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 16 May, 2022 06:13 AM

If you’re using md version 2017 (?), then you need to upgrade.

2. 2 Posted by rsworden on 18 May, 2022 07:35 PM

I guess I should have stated the obvious. I'm on current versions of MD for both Mac and iPhone.

3. 3 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 18 May, 2022 07:50 PM

I would refresh sync. Run toolbox extension. Advanced mode. Advanced button. Force refresh/push sync.

4. 4 Posted by rsworden on 22 May, 2022 05:05 AM

Cool extension set, I'll have to check out more of it later.

The Force refresh ran, and Dropbox notified me several times that several dozen stale files were deleted. Restarted MD Mac, restarted MD iPhone... same data as before. In my main checking account, no entries since May 11.The sync time display is correct, but the data's not. My wife's phone is behaving the same way: correct sync time, incomplete data.

I can see a couple of recent files in Dropbox.com >> .moneydancesync > xx > v3.

Any other ideas?

5. 5 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 22 May, 2022 05:14 AM

Force push/refresh should work.. I would try it once more and wait for 3 minutes, then restart MD... Then restart Phone.... Failing this....:

I would suggest you rebuild sync. But this will lose any transactions that you have made on the iPhone that have not found their way to the Mac. To do this toolbox, force reset sync settings.... Then setup sync on Mac, then disconnect iPhone and reconnect sync....

6. 6 Posted by rsworden on 12 Jun, 2022 03:41 AM

I updated MD Mac to 2022.4.
    I updated Toolbox to whatever the latest is.
    I did the full sync reset from Toolbox.
    I disabled syncing in Mac and reenabled it (Dropbox Connection).
    I disabled sync on my iPhone (Dropbox).
    No improvement. On the iPhone the latest transaction in my main checking account is still from mid-May, though the 'Latest sync' time is current.

I deleted MD from iPhone.
    I found it in the Apple Store. The version is 2.23 and it says from 1 year ago.
    I found it in the Infinite Kind web site. Same version. I installed it from there.

Two problems:

1. If Sync with Dropbox IS enabled in MD Mac, iPhone can set up Dropbox sync, but still does not get the latest transactions.
    2. If Sync with Dropbox is NOT enabled in MD Mac, MD iPhone is stuck on the Dropbox page. It says how to enable/disable by going to some menu, but no other menus or choices are available.

At this point I would like to try iCloud sync instead. I can enable it in MD Mac. But MD iPhone does not show any option for it. Notes here *seem* to indicate it should be available. Do I need a later version of MD iPhone than 2.23? If so how can I get it? (See above)

The announcement for iCloud sync says only one iCloud account is supported. So is there no way for my wife and I to both use MD iPhone and sync? Or in the setup (which I can't see) is there a way for my wife to specify MY iCloud account ONLY for use with MD?

7. 7 Posted by dtd on 12 Jun, 2022 03:51 AM

icloud currently works only between mac computers. It does not yet work with an iphone. I'd suggest continuing to make it work with dropbox at this time.

8. 8 Posted by rsworden on 17 Jun, 2022 05:03 AM

Does anyone from Infinite Kind monitor this forum? I would like to troubleshoot this sync issue with them.

9. 9 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 17 Jun, 2022 05:51 AM

Are you sure you did this:
    'toolbox, force reset sync settings'..?

As you said you did this:
    'I did the full sync reset from Toolbox. I disabled syncing in Mac and reenabled it (Dropbox Connection).'

When you force disable sync in toolbox, you cannot then disable in MD as it will already be disabled...?

Anyway, exit all devices. Go to dropbox, find the hidden folder called .moneydancesync. Then rename that to something else. Then go back into Mac, setup sync.. Then iOS disconnect and set that up again....

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac