New Mac mini

Don Parrish

21 Nov, 2020 12:22 AM

I have been using MoneyDance for a long time. It works great. Having said that, I just purchased the new M1 chip Apple Mac Mini.

I have 2 questions. 1. Will you be updating MoneyDance for Native support? The Mac OS app works, but I have been noticing that the app stalls and closes periodically. It still works, but can be inconvenient at times. 2. Have you had any complaints of this since the new M1 Macs came out? If so, do you know what the issue is and will you be correcting it anytime soon?

Thanks in advance for you response.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 21 Nov, 2020 12:32 AM

I'm a fellow user.

If you are using Moneydance 2021 a Mac issue has come to light the will be present in the stable build as the problem exists in the version of Java that this version is built with.

This has been corrected in preview build 2008:

https://infinitekind.com/preview

There is a specific issue around Big Sur and the response from the developer in regard to this is.

I've been using Big Sur since the week that the first developer beta arrived without any problems. This particular issue seems related to the setting in the System Preferences, General section, to "Prefer tabs [always] when opening documents". If you change "always" to never or "in full screen" then it's not an issue. I've got a code workaround in mind that should fix this in the next preview, but in the meantime I recommend changing that system setting. Otherwise, Big Sur is quite stable and if you don't mind some of the system's UI choices I do recommend it."

This is a MacOS System setting, not a Moneydance setting.

As far as native support is concerned it is dependent on a native version of Java becoming available for this operating system/processor combination. The developer has said he will build native version of Moneydance once this is available.

2. 2 Posted by Don Parrish on 21 Nov, 2020 02:58 PM

I was already set to "in full screen".  I changed it to "never". I'll
    let you know if that makes a difference.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

18 Jan, 2021 12:26 AM
17 Jan, 2021 11:08 PM
17 Jan, 2021 11:08 PM