Bank transactions not downloading

Marc Jansic

09 Apr, 2020 02:23 PM

I have been using Moneydance since 2017. Current version 2019.3 (1880). All of a sudden about two weeks ago, I cannot download bank transactions from Fifth Third bank. At the bottom I get "downloading transactions", then "writing sync data", but no new transactions are received. Also, if no new were found, previously it would say "Zero transactions downloaded" Now it says nothing. I can, however manually import a QIF file from the bank, and it works fine. I have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the entire program, and nothing works. PS. My investment accounts still work fine. Bank says they have no issues, or other complaints. Ideas PLEASE?

1. 1 Posted by Marc Jansic on 09 Apr, 2020 02:34 PM

CORRECTION: Should have said can import QIF OR QFX file from bank and EITHER works fine.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Ethan on 09 Apr, 2020 02:38 PM

Hello,

Unfortunately, we've received similar reports from Fifth Third customers in the last week. They've changed something on their end, which has affected the ability of Moneydance, Quicken, and other programs that use direct OFX servers to connect to them directly. We're trying to work on this, but they seem to be giving their customers the runaround, directing them to contact the software companies when it's clearly something they changed in the last week. (Given the number of people who have told us they've contacted Fifth Third, and seeing similar complaints on the Quicken forums, it's a bit unbelievable that whoever you spoke to said they've received "no complaints!" The most charitable I can be to that person is thinking that they're just really out of the loop.) I've flagged this conversation, so we'll give you any updates when we have them.

In the meantime, you should still be able to log into your bank's website with your regular web browser to download and import your transactions manually. You can download into QFX, OFX, OFC, or QIF files (sometimes referred to as Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance by selecting the downloaded file from the File -> Import menu.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by Marc Jansic on 09 Apr, 2020 02:41 PM

Thank you very much Ethan!  Now I can stop wasting my time trying to
    find the problem on MY end... Should have contacted you sooner!   Thanks
    again!

Marc

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac