Extra split in loan payments

cdumdei

22 Jun, 2018 08:55 PM

I am using MD 2017 build 1671. I created 2 loan accounts and the associated calculated payment/interest reminders. The loan reminders are showing 3 splits instead of 2 (principal and interest) when they are auto-entered by MD. The 3rd split is always zero and has no category or tag, but I have to go in and manually delete it in the account register. Why is this 3rd split there and how do i get rid of it?

1. System closed this discussion on 21 Sep, 2018 09:00 PM.

2. cdumdei re-opened this discussion on 13 Oct, 2018 05:51 PM

3. System closed this discussion on 21 Dec, 2018 09:00 PM.

4. cdumdei re-opened this discussion on 25 Jul, 2019 06:26 PM

5. 1 Posted by cdumdei on 25 Jul, 2019 06:27 PM

i upgraded to MD 2019 build 1855 and the problem still has not been corrected. I have to manually delete the 3rd split. please help

6. 2 Posted by Henry on 19 Aug, 2019 12:12 PM

Hi,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay getting back to you. I’m afraid that your request for assistance was missed by the support team, and it’s only now we’ve been able to work through the backlog of older discussions. I must apologise again for the poor level of service and lack of support you have received. I’d like to provide assistance if you’re still in a position to work through these issues. Please be assured we are putting systems in place to ensure a higher level of service and speedier responses.

Does the transactions reminder in the reminders window show the third split?
    Would it be possible to see a screenshot of the Edit window of the transactions reminder? You can find it by navigating to Tools > Reminders

--
    Henry, Infinite Kind Support

7. 3 Posted by cdumdei on 24 Aug, 2019 12:28 AM

There doesn’t appear to be a 3rd split in either of the loan reminders. I created the loans using MD. Here is a screenshot of one of them.

Get Outlook for iOS

8. 4 Posted by cdumdei on 25 Aug, 2019 02:01 PM

i added an extra principal payment per MD instructions i found. The 3rd split is always 0.00 and goes to the BHFCU - truck.

9. 5 Posted by cdumdei on 29 Aug, 2019 08:28 PM

are there any ideas as to why this is happening?

10. 6 Posted by cdumdei on 06 Sep, 2019 06:14 PM

Is this issue going to get resolved?

11. 7 Posted by cdumdei on 14 Sep, 2019 01:41 AM

hello?

12. 8 Posted by cdumdei on 20 Oct, 2019 11:17 PM

is anyone going to answer or respond to this issue?

13. 9 Posted by cdumdei on 22 Oct, 2019 09:38 PM

Attached is the requested screen shot.

14. 10 Posted by cdumdei on 22 Oct, 2019 09:40 PM

I can see you've included a screenshot of the loan reminders settings. The 'Interest Category' is set as 'Loan Interest'.
    If you navigate to Tools --> VAT/GST Settings, can you check if a tax rate and a category been assigned to your Loan Interest category?

***the VAT/GST setting option is greyed out and unable to be selected

15. Support Staff 11 Posted by Jenny on 23 Oct, 2019 01:48 PM

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me and for sending the screenshot.

It's very strange behaviour you've encountered, as the amount is set as 0.00 and no category has been assigned to the extra split you're seeing.

If the VAT/GST Setting menu option is greyed out, this means that VAT/GST hasn't been enabled within your preferences. This is not a problem, it just rules out a possible cause for what you're seeing.

Can you check which version and build of Moneydance you're using?
    To do this, open Moneydance and select Help --> About Moneydance (or Moneydance --> About Moneydance on a Mac) where the version and build number will be displayed.
    The latest stable version is 2019.3 build 1880 and can be downloaded from this page if you're using an older build.

Are you seeing this same problem for all your loan reminder payments?
    I noticed that in the initial screenshot the reminder seems to refer to 'Ford 2014 FX4', but the second screenshot references '2018 Indian Dark Horse' with the memo 'Motorcycle' (but I see no memo within the initial screenshot).

--
    Jenny, Infinite Kind Support

16. 12 Posted by cdumdei on 26 Oct, 2019 04:46 PM

Hi Jenny. I'm using MD 2019.3 build 1880. You are correct. I have 2 loan accounts setup and each have the same issue with that third split.

17. 13 Posted by cdumdei on 10 Nov, 2019 02:35 PM

are there any suggestions or solutions to my issue?

18. 14 Posted by cdumdei on 23 Nov, 2019 01:47 AM

will this ever get solved?

19. 15 Posted by cdumdei on 14 Jan, 2020 03:16 AM

going on 18 months and no response, suggestion, correction, or anything

20. 16 Posted by cdumdei on 05 Feb, 2020 11:10 PM

I must admit the tech support is horrible

21. Support Staff 17 Posted by Sean Reilly on 09 Feb, 2020 10:09 PM

Hello,

I'm sorry about the lack of follow-up with this one. I had overlooked it because it seemed like a minor bug, but I know it was very frustrating. I have fixed this for the next update to Moneydance. If you'd like to get the update sooner then it will be available in the next couple of days in the preview version of Moneydance which you'll be able to get from https://infinitekind.com/preview

Thanks,
    Sean

--
    Sean Reilly
    Developer, The Infinite Kind
    https://infinitekind.com

22. 18 Posted by cdumdei on 14 Feb, 2020 02:49 AM

Thanks for the response. While I agree it was a minor problem and more of an inconvenience, what made me upset was the lack of response. A simple, we're working on it, but it's a minor issue would have made things much better. I would have understood and just managed until it was corrected, but for over a year I got nothing from support which was unacceptable. On the other hand, if this is the only problem I've had in the last few years, it says a lot about your program being excellent. Frankly though I hesitate with tech support as a result of this.

23. 19 Posted by dwg on 14 Feb, 2020 05:12 AM

This note is now in the change log:

Date: Mon Feb 10 15:49:26 2020 +0000

- fixed recording of loan account reminders to avoid possible extra zero-amount split when there is no escrow amount

Preview build 1903 is available.

https://infinitekind.com/preview

24. Support Staff 20 Posted by Sean Reilly on 14 Feb, 2020 09:32 AM

Hello,

Yes, I agree that it was completely unreasonable that we didn't respond to your earlier messages. I apologise for leaving you in the dark for so long, and understand that speaking into a void is a very bad experience for customers.

Thanks,
    Sean

25. System closed this discussion on 15 May, 2020 09:40 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac