2021 version crashing

cwhyne

24 Oct, 2020 01:55 AM

Latest version (2021) crashes when I click on the history of an equity.
Help!!

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 24 Oct, 2020 02:09 AM

I'm a fellow user.

I suspect that you are running on MacOS, if this is the case the Moneydance developer has provided the following information on this issue:

- It happens on macOS (all versions as far as I can tell) primarily but not necessarily only when there is an external display connected.

- The crash is at the java/vm level so we'll need the fix to come from there. A new build of the AdoptOpenJDK is due out any day now

- This same crash is affecting other java apps with much more widespread use so people are working on it and I'm confident that a newer openjdk build (see above) will fix it.

----

I checked and a new build of AdoptOpenJDK was due on Oct 20 I can only conclude that this Mac issue has delayed it.

2. 2 Posted by cwhyne on 24 Oct, 2020 02:21 AM

Thanks for your reply... Yes I am using latest MacOS with external monitor.
    Will leave this version installed in expectation of java update.

3. 3 Posted by wintcor on 24 Oct, 2020 09:48 AM

Hi, the new version also crashed for me as soon as I open the tabs on top of the screen. Yes I have a Mac with 2 monitors.
    How do I interpret the solution - will there be a Moneydance fix for this?
    Thanks!

4. 4 Posted by dwg on 24 Oct, 2020 09:57 AM

On the basis that this is the problem The Infinite Kind (Moneydance) will have to wait until an updated build of Java is available that addresses this problem, incorporate this into Moneydance then release a new build of the software.

I would expect this to happen in due course.

I have just checked and a new version of Java has been released today, I do not know if it contains the required fixes however.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac