Host own OFX server?

Jason

18 Jan, 2019 05:55 PM

Hi,
I have created a screen scraper that downloads a qfx file for my bank account. This file imports fine when imported manually.
What is the best method of integrating this in to moneydance? I would like to keep it as streamlined as possible, most likely, automatically downloading this file when all the other accounts download. So my first thought is to host/emulate my own OFX server to provide this file.

Is that a reasonable way of doing this? Or should it be done via extension/plugin/script?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 18 Jan, 2019 07:11 PM

I don't know of any off the shelf OFX server implementations. The closest I can think of is ofx4j https://github.com/stoicflame/ofx4j You would have to write an implementation of the com.webcohesion.ofx4j.server.OFXServer which is no small task.

Ben Spencer
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Jason on 19 Jan, 2019 02:36 AM

I read over the OFX spec a bit and see its a little more handshaking than what I was hoping for.

I have just now seen the built-in browser. I used the browser to navigate to my bank's site and downloaded the qfx file.. worked well. So I guess I am looking for one step further from Moneydance, which is to automate that login process.

My screen scraper is in written in python. Is there a way to execute that script and provide Moneydance the qfx file?

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 19 Jan, 2019 02:42 AM

I'm a fellow user.

Sean has said the next stage is to automate the internal browser.

4. 4 Posted by Jason on 20 Jan, 2019 01:18 PM

Looks like in the interim, I can use my download script, in conjunction with the 'Import List' extension.

The Import List extension will monitor the directory I save my qfx files to, providing nearly 1-click import of my transactions.

Cool.

5. System closed this discussion on 21 Apr, 2019 01:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac