Chase downloads to wrong account

Scott

02 Dec, 2019 04:33 AM

My personal credit card information is downloading to my business credit card account (two completely separate MoneyDance files, but the same banking institution and log-in information). I have disabled and re-setup all the affected accounts to address "mapping" problems. I waited for the account numbers to "pop up" so that I was sure to be selecting the correct account from the list before clicking "next". I have double-checked the account info. I have checked that the correct "parent" account is specified. Every time I try again, it downloads the same 231 transactions from the wrong credit card account. I am using version 2019.3. What am I doing wrong? It used to work fine...

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 02 Dec, 2019 07:20 PM

Hi Scott ,

We are sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered.

It is likely that this is a mapping issue. Your accounts are not mapped properly (in other words, one account is pointing to each of your Moneydance accounts).
    To fix this, disable the Online Set-up for the problem accounts. Then you will need to re-enable them. Once you have entered your ID and Password click Ok and wait (do not click next). You need to see a window that will display - "Please choose the account you wish to use" - which are your accounts listed in a drop down list. If you bypass this window - your Moneydance Account will map to the first account on this list. Sometimes you will need to just wait for this window to pop-up as it can take several seconds.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Scott Wilcox on 02 Dec, 2019 09:02 PM

Thanks, Maddy.
    I found that post earlier and did that several times, to no avail. I’ll try again tonight; perhaps having completely logged out and restarted my computer will help achieve a different result. I agree it is a mapping issue; I just can’t figure out why the fixes have not worked. Could the fact that the original file is on a shared drive (Dropbox) be part of the issue? (I know you don’t recommend that, but I had previously had some problems converting to your other system and have not yet pursued it again. I need to get everything working correctly first).

Scott
    [email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 02 Dec, 2019 09:25 PM

I'm a fellow user.

Moneydance 2017 & 2019 data sets should never be stored on a shared drive and syncing services like Dropbox are even more problematic.

There have been many reported instances of data corruption and many strange things happening when your data is housed on one of these services. You have Moneydance reading/writing data then you have this uncontrolled, uncoordinated application reading/writing data between your local directory and the Dropbox server. Dropbox will work perfectly well with files that are placed in its folder, but with applications that are constantly reading/writing data then problems should be expected.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac