Archive - Working with Tags in Moneydance 2015 and 2017
This is an archived document. Please refer to the more recent knowledge base articles on this page
The way tags work in Moneydance 2015 has changed since previous versions, though the functionality remains the same. Along with using the Tags popup selector, you can enter tags simply by typing them into the tags field on a transaction.
How do I add a tag?
You can tag a transaction with multiple tags by separating them with a comma. For example, typing:
into the tag field of a transaction will tag that transaction with the tags tag1 and tag2. From there, you can work with tags in much the same way as in Moneydance 2014.
How can I view my tags?
You can see a list of all your tags by going to the Tag Summary report, which can be found by scrolling down the left sidebar column.
How can I change multiple tags?
To bulk change any tags, you can go to Edit --> Advanced Search and search for a tag. Then highlight multiple transactions by either Shift + clicking (click the first transaction you want to move, then hold shift and select the last one) or Ctrl + clicking (select multiple transactions by holding Ctrl and highlighting or unhighlighting the transactions). Then right click and go to Batch change --> Tags. This will set the tags for all the highlighted transactions to the ones you enter in the Batch Change Tags dialog box.
How can I add, remove, or rename individual tags?
You may wish to install the Find and Replace extension by going to Extensions -> Manage extensions. Then go to Extensions -> Find and Replace to use it to find and replace individual tags.
In this way, you can bulk rename tags by removing the original tag and adding a new "renamed" one, thereby replacing the functionality that was provided by the Tools -> Edit Transaction Tags menu.
Removing a tag from all transactions will delete this tag.
Purchasing and Upgrading
Accounts and Categories
Register and Transactions
Online Banking and Bill Pay
Graphs and Reports
Syncing and Sharing Data
Currency and VAT/GST
Backups and Exporting
Importing Data from Other Programs
Customizing and Preferences
File Locations and Changes
ARCHIVE - Getting Started
ARCHIVE - Moneydance 2017
- Archive - Moneydance 2017 license keys and upgrade policy
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2017 from Moneydance 2012, 2014 and 2015
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2017 from Moneydance 2011 or earlier
- Archive - Changing colours and theme in Moneydance 2017
- Archive - Sharing data using the Moneydance 2017 syncing engine
- View all (15 more)
ARCHIVE - Moneydance 2014 and 2015
- Archive - Moneydance 2015 license keys and upgrade policy
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2015 from Moneydance 2012 and 2014
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2015 from Moneydance 2011 or earlier
- Archive - Opening a backup file in Moneydance 2015
- Archive - How to restore from a checkpoint in Moneydance 2012 and 2014
- View all (3 more)
ARCHIVE - Program Basics
ARCHIVE - Account Basics
ARCHIVE - Entering Transactions
- Archive - Does Moneydance allow for assigning 'classes' to transactions?
- Archive - How do I get the Register to auto fill todays date instead of the last entered date?
- Archive - How do I move a transaction to a different account?
- Archive - How do I enter my Paycheck?
- Archive - How do I create a split transaction?
- View all (2 more)
ARCHIVE - Online Banking
ARCHIVE - Mobile
- Archive - Syncing Moneydance 2015 with your Mobile Device
- Archive - Syncing Moneydance 2012 and 2014 with your Mobile Device
- Archive - How to sync with Moneydance 2008, 2010, and 2011
- Archive - How do I delete a transaction on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?
- Archive - How to sync one data file with multiple iOS devices using different Dropbox accounts
- View all
ARCHIVE - Budgeting and Reminders
- Archive - Creating reminders (automatic repeating transactions or notes)
- Archive - Creating a budget using the 'Newer' format
- Archive - Creating a budget using the 'Mixed Interval' (Older) format
- Archive - What's the difference between a General and Transaction reminder?
- Archive - How do I have a reminder automatically entered into my register?
- View all (1 more)
ARCHIVE - International Tools
- Archive - Setting up VAT/GST
- Archive - Can you change the word "Check" to "Cheque" anywhere in the programme?
- Archive - How can I enter the exact amounts on both sides of a foreign currency transfer?
- Archive - My household/country/company uses a fiscal year instead of a calendar year. Can I do this in Moneydance?
- View all
ARCHIVE - Investments
- Archive - How do I add Securities to a new Investment Account?
- Archive - How can I import security, stock or mutual fund prices?
- Archive - Entering your current holdings
- Archive - Creating a new investment subtype
- Archive - Downloading security, stock or mutual fund prices from non-US stock exchanges
- View all (5 more)
ARCHIVE - Extensions
ARCHIVE - Everything Else