synching with dropbox

Scott Mathis

29 Jul, 2019 03:05 AM

I purchased a new computer and am trying to sync Moneydance with dropbox...I copied the backup file form my old computer and opened it on the new, but, cannot get it to sync to dropbox.

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 29 Jul, 2019 08:08 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.

For support or others to provide more help you need to provide more information.

What version and build of Moneydance are you running, e.g. 2019.4(1886).

Before you purchased the new computer, were you syncing to other devices, say a phone?
    Are you replaying your old computer with the new computer or are you trying to sync between the old and new computer? If you are using both computers then which one does you want to be the primary computer.
    List all the devices you want to sync.

Hope this helps.

2. 2 Posted by scott mathis on 29 Jul, 2019 12:22 PM

I am running Moneydance 2019.3,   I am setting this computer up as a new one. I am not transferring any files from the old one over to the new one.  I had been saving all my back ups to the desktop of my old computer.  I copied the most recent one to a thumb drive and transferred it over to my new computer and opened it.  I downloaded the application to the new computer  and opened the file on the desktop.  When I go to file, sync, it says do not sync.  On my old computer I was able to sync my phone and my Mac together to use momeydance.
    Thanks

Scott Mathis 214-395-0453

On Monday, July 29, 2019, 3:09:06 AM CDT, derekkent23 <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv4420467815 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv4420467815 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}
    |

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 29 Jul, 2019 12:37 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

To be able to post the best way forward I need to be clear what is your end game.
    Old and new computer and phone all syncing together or retiring your old computer and only syncing between your new computer and your phone.
    If it’s the first option you need to determine which computer is the primary computer and which is to be the secondary computer.
    What syncing method are you currently using, Dropbox Folder or Dropbox Connection?
    With that info I can post how to get there.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac