Archive - How to sync one data file with multiple iOS devices using different Dropbox accounts
This is an archived document. Please refer to the more recent knowledge base articles on this page
These instructions are for syncing one Moneydance data file between multiple iOS devices using different Dropbox accounts. If you are using the same Dropbox account for multiple devices, you should simply repeat the setup instructions you used for setting up one device for all the others.
Some users may want to set up syncing the same Moneydance data with different iOS devices and different Dropbox accounts. For example, perhaps your household uses just one Moneydance data file for all of your finances. However, you may want to have more than one person be able to enter expenses in their mobile device, and everyone may be using different Dropbox accounts. Since the desktop version of Moneydance will only sync to one Dropbox account, you will have to set up your Dropbox accounts to share the mobile syncing data between them.
#1. First, make sure you have successfully set up syncing for the Dropbox account that you will use on your home computer and one of your iOS devices by following our instructions.
#2. Next, log into that Dropbox account at http://dropbox.com
#3. Right click on the folder called ".moneydancesync" and click "Invite to Folder".
#4. In the next window, enter the Dropbox accounts of those you want to share the data folder with.
#5. The other users should then set up their iOS devices to run Moneydance. They should follow the normal setup instructions starting at step #4.
Note that these instructions will only work if the other users do not have their own desktop version of Moneydance set up to sync. This will only work for iOS users with different Dropbox accounts who do not otherwise sync their iOS device with Moneydance.
Purchasing and Upgrading
Accounts and Categories
Register and Transactions
Online Banking and Bill Pay
Graphs and Reports
Syncing and Sharing Data
Currency and VAT/GST
Backups and Exporting
Importing Data from Other Programs
Customizing and Preferences
File Locations and Changes
ARCHIVE - Getting Started
ARCHIVE - Moneydance 2017
- Archive - Moneydance 2017 license keys and upgrade policy
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2017 from Moneydance 2012, 2014 and 2015
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2017 from Moneydance 2011 or earlier
- Archive - Changing colours and theme in Moneydance 2017
- Archive - Sharing data using the Moneydance 2017 syncing engine
- View all (15 more)
ARCHIVE - Moneydance 2014 and 2015
- Archive - Moneydance 2015 license keys and upgrade policy
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2015 from Moneydance 2012 and 2014
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2015 from Moneydance 2011 or earlier
- Archive - Opening a backup file in Moneydance 2015
- Archive - How to restore from a checkpoint in Moneydance 2012 and 2014
- View all (3 more)
ARCHIVE - Program Basics
ARCHIVE - Account Basics
ARCHIVE - Entering Transactions
- Archive - Does Moneydance allow for assigning 'classes' to transactions?
- Archive - How do I get the Register to auto fill todays date instead of the last entered date?
- Archive - How do I move a transaction to a different account?
- Archive - How do I enter my Paycheck?
- Archive - How do I create a split transaction?
- View all (2 more)
ARCHIVE - Online Banking
ARCHIVE - Mobile
- Archive - Syncing Moneydance 2015 with your Mobile Device
- Archive - Syncing Moneydance 2012 and 2014 with your Mobile Device
- Archive - How to sync with Moneydance 2008, 2010, and 2011
- Archive - How do I delete a transaction on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?
- Archive - How to sync one data file with multiple iOS devices using different Dropbox accounts
- View all
ARCHIVE - Budgeting and Reminders
- Archive - Creating reminders (automatic repeating transactions or notes)
- Archive - Creating a budget using the 'Newer' format
- Archive - Creating a budget using the 'Mixed Interval' (Older) format
- Archive - What's the difference between a General and Transaction reminder?
- Archive - How do I have a reminder automatically entered into my register?
- View all (1 more)
ARCHIVE - International Tools
- Archive - Setting up VAT/GST
- Archive - Can you change the word "Check" to "Cheque" anywhere in the programme?
- Archive - How can I enter the exact amounts on both sides of a foreign currency transfer?
- Archive - My household/country/company uses a fiscal year instead of a calendar year. Can I do this in Moneydance?
- View all
ARCHIVE - Investments
- Archive - How do I add Securities to a new Investment Account?
- Archive - How can I import security, stock or mutual fund prices?
- Archive - Entering your current holdings
- Archive - Creating a new investment subtype
- Archive - Downloading security, stock or mutual fund prices from non-US stock exchanges
- View all (5 more)
ARCHIVE - Extensions
ARCHIVE - Everything Else