Splits not working correctly

tashalroberts

25 Apr, 2019 05:40 AM

Hi.

We have a recurring paycheck but the weekly amounts vary. When I go to categorize an unaccepted transaction I click on it and similar payees show on the right. If I click on one that's the same as what I have done before but with splits and edit those splits I click done and then confirm with that transaction. However it does NOT update with all the changes in the split I made. Please advise.

1. 1 Posted by sth on 26 Apr, 2019 02:06 AM

Can you show some screen shots to clarify this. I have been using splits for many years and not had problems so there is something subtly different about your setup.

For unconfirmed transactions, you should edit the splits in the transaction on the right hand side not in the register that will get overwritten by the confirmation you chose on the right.

Also, please show the version of MD and the operating system, that helps a lot in figuring out issues.

2. 2 Posted by tashalroberts on 26 Apr, 2019 02:30 AM

Hi. Thank you. I am editing the splits for the transaction on the right
    hand side under similar payees. I choose the split and then update the
    categories and amounts and click done and then confirm on the same one on
    the right that I just updated. See attached.

Version 2017.10 Mac Mojave version 10.14.3

3. 3 Posted by sth on 27 Apr, 2019 11:56 PM

I think I understand the problem. I can't recall if I every edited a split under the "Similar Transactions" list. It may be that you are actually editing the split on the previous transaction? That would be bad, this should be looked into by IK.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac