Archive - Moneydance 2017 - Keyboard Short Cuts
This is an archived document. Please refer to the more recent knowledge base articles on this page
Using keyboard shortcuts can streamline your Moneydance experience. (Windows and Linux users please substitute Control (Ctrl) for ⌘ in the instructions below.)
Return to Summary ⌘ Shift H
Find ⌘ F
Advanced Find ⌘ Shift F
Hide/Restore Side Bar ⌘ Shift S
+ or = Advance or “spin” the date forward
- or _ “spin” the date backward
t - Select the current date
m - Select the first day in the month
h - Select the last day in the month
y - Select the first day in the year
r - Select the last day in the year
Check Number Fields
+ or = “spin” the check number up
- or _ “spin” the check number down
Pressing the +/= key in an empty check number field automatically calculates the next check number based on past transactions in that account.
⌘ N Begin entry of a new transaction.
⌘ Backspace Delete the currently selected transaction.
⌘ L While editing a transaction will bring up the split editor.
⌘ W To exit the split editor.
⌘ A Select all transactions in the register.
Right-click Displays a pop-up menu of available actions.
⌘ N Add a new line for a Split transaction.
⌘ B Opens the Reconcile window for the current account
Amount and Rate Fields
You can enter math expressions ( "(200 + 86) * 0.25" for example) in any numeric field and Moneydance will calculate the answer.
Entering a value followed by a three digit currency ID (USD, GBP, EUR, etc) will automatically convert the entered amount from the given currency to the native currency of the field.
Purchasing and Upgrading
Accounts and Categories
Register and Transactions
Online Banking and Bill Pay
Graphs and Reports
Syncing and Sharing Data
Currency and VAT/GST
Backups and Exporting
Importing Data from Other Programs
Customizing and Preferences
File Locations and Changes
ARCHIVE - Getting Started
ARCHIVE - Moneydance 2017
- Archive - Moneydance 2017 license keys and upgrade policy
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2017 from Moneydance 2012, 2014 and 2015
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2017 from Moneydance 2011 or earlier
- Archive - Changing colours and theme in Moneydance 2017
- Archive - Sharing data using the Moneydance 2017 syncing engine
- View all (15 more)
ARCHIVE - Moneydance 2014 and 2015
- Archive - Moneydance 2015 license keys and upgrade policy
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2015 from Moneydance 2012 and 2014
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2015 from Moneydance 2011 or earlier
- Archive - Opening a backup file in Moneydance 2015
- Archive - How to restore from a checkpoint in Moneydance 2012 and 2014
- View all (3 more)
ARCHIVE - Program Basics
ARCHIVE - Account Basics
ARCHIVE - Entering Transactions
- Archive - Does Moneydance allow for assigning 'classes' to transactions?
- Archive - How do I get the Register to auto fill todays date instead of the last entered date?
- Archive - How do I move a transaction to a different account?
- Archive - How do I enter my Paycheck?
- Archive - How do I create a split transaction?
- View all (2 more)
ARCHIVE - Online Banking
ARCHIVE - Mobile
- Archive - Syncing Moneydance 2015 with your Mobile Device
- Archive - Syncing Moneydance 2012 and 2014 with your Mobile Device
- Archive - How to sync with Moneydance 2008, 2010, and 2011
- Archive - How do I delete a transaction on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?
- Archive - How to sync one data file with multiple iOS devices using different Dropbox accounts
- View all
ARCHIVE - Budgeting and Reminders
- Archive - Creating reminders (automatic repeating transactions or notes)
- Archive - Creating a budget using the 'Newer' format
- Archive - Creating a budget using the 'Mixed Interval' (Older) format
- Archive - What's the difference between a General and Transaction reminder?
- Archive - How do I have a reminder automatically entered into my register?
- View all (1 more)
ARCHIVE - International Tools
- Archive - Setting up VAT/GST
- Archive - Can you change the word "Check" to "Cheque" anywhere in the programme?
- Archive - How can I enter the exact amounts on both sides of a foreign currency transfer?
- Archive - My household/country/company uses a fiscal year instead of a calendar year. Can I do this in Moneydance?
- View all
ARCHIVE - Investments
- Archive - How do I add Securities to a new Investment Account?
- Archive - How can I import security, stock or mutual fund prices?
- Archive - Entering your current holdings
- Archive - Creating a new investment subtype
- Archive - Downloading security, stock or mutual fund prices from non-US stock exchanges
- View all (5 more)
ARCHIVE - Extensions
ARCHIVE - Everything Else