Archive - What does the right-click menu do?
This is an archived document. Please refer to the more recent knowledge base articles on this page
Right-clicking a transaction brings up the Transaction Editing Menu with many useful options and tools. (If you are using a single-button mouse, holding Control while clicking will also bring up this menu.)
Memorize Creates a transaction reminder
Duplicate Transaction Opens the New Transaction dialog box and fills in the current information which can be edited.
Show Other Side Opens the register of the other account/category involved in this transaction.
Mark as Uncleared Removes green check mark.
Mark as Reconciling Inserts diamond mark.
Mark as Cleared Inserts green check mark.
Batch Change Allows you to make changes either to a single transaction, or to multiple selected transactions at one time.
Delete Deletes transaction.
Single Line Mode Sets the register to display only the Description line entries.
Two Line Mode Sets the register to display both Description and Memo line entries.
Date Chronological by Date column.
Date Entered When you entered the transaction into the register.
Description Alphabetical by description field.
Amount Sorts by Payment and Deposits fields.
Cleared Status Groups transactions by status under the “C” field.
Account Groups transactions by account/category under the Category field.
Date/Status Groups transactions by date and status.
Date/Amount Groups transactions by date and amount.
Date/Check# Groups transactions by date and check number.
Check# Arranges transactions by check number.
Status/Check# Groups transactions by status and check number.
Ascending Sorts the register from earliest to most recent date.
Show Transaction Details Displays all information associated with the transaction in the format it will be saved to the data file. Generally only used for technical support issues.
Purchasing and Upgrading
Accounts and Categories
Register and Transactions
Online Banking and Bill Pay
Graphs and Reports
Syncing and Sharing Data
Currency and VAT/GST
Backups and Exporting
Importing Data from Other Programs
Customizing and Preferences
File Locations and Changes
ARCHIVE - Getting Started
ARCHIVE - Moneydance 2017
- Archive - Moneydance 2017 license keys and upgrade policy
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2017 from Moneydance 2012, 2014 and 2015
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2017 from Moneydance 2011 or earlier
- Archive - Changing colours and theme in Moneydance 2017
- Archive - Sharing data using the Moneydance 2017 syncing engine
- View all (15 more)
ARCHIVE - Moneydance 2014 and 2015
- Archive - Moneydance 2015 license keys and upgrade policy
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2015 from Moneydance 2012 and 2014
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2015 from Moneydance 2011 or earlier
- Archive - Opening a backup file in Moneydance 2015
- Archive - How to restore from a checkpoint in Moneydance 2012 and 2014
- View all (3 more)
ARCHIVE - Program Basics
ARCHIVE - Account Basics
ARCHIVE - Entering Transactions
- Archive - Does Moneydance allow for assigning 'classes' to transactions?
- Archive - How do I get the Register to auto fill todays date instead of the last entered date?
- Archive - How do I move a transaction to a different account?
- Archive - How do I enter my Paycheck?
- Archive - How do I create a split transaction?
- View all (2 more)
ARCHIVE - Online Banking
ARCHIVE - Mobile
- Archive - Syncing Moneydance 2015 with your Mobile Device
- Archive - Syncing Moneydance 2012 and 2014 with your Mobile Device
- Archive - How to sync with Moneydance 2008, 2010, and 2011
- Archive - How do I delete a transaction on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?
- Archive - How to sync one data file with multiple iOS devices using different Dropbox accounts
- View all
ARCHIVE - Budgeting and Reminders
- Archive - Creating reminders (automatic repeating transactions or notes)
- Archive - Creating a budget using the 'Newer' format
- Archive - Creating a budget using the 'Mixed Interval' (Older) format
- Archive - What's the difference between a General and Transaction reminder?
- Archive - How do I have a reminder automatically entered into my register?
- View all (1 more)
ARCHIVE - International Tools
- Archive - Setting up VAT/GST
- Archive - Can you change the word "Check" to "Cheque" anywhere in the programme?
- Archive - How can I enter the exact amounts on both sides of a foreign currency transfer?
- Archive - My household/country/company uses a fiscal year instead of a calendar year. Can I do this in Moneydance?
- View all
ARCHIVE - Investments
- Archive - How do I add Securities to a new Investment Account?
- Archive - How can I import security, stock or mutual fund prices?
- Archive - Entering your current holdings
- Archive - Creating a new investment subtype
- Archive - Downloading security, stock or mutual fund prices from non-US stock exchanges
- View all (5 more)
ARCHIVE - Extensions
ARCHIVE - Everything Else