Chase - Direct Connect Discontinued Oct 2022
Updated 10th October 2022
Unfortunately, Chase has discontinued their use of OFX Direct Connect, which is required to download your transactions automatically into Moneydance for free. It would appear Chase hasn't informed their customers of this change, as we've received many support requests from Chase customers in the last few days.
We've since been advised that as of October 6th 2022, Chase no longer supports Direct Connect/OFX, including 3rd-party bill pay.
Without Direct Connect, you are still able to easily import your data into the program for free. You can use a web browser to download files from your bank's website. We recommend you download using the QFX file format, which you can import into Moneydance using File > Import. The steps for manually importing your data are outlined in this article.
Alternatively, if you're using Moneydance 2022, you can subscribe to Moneydance+. This is the new (optional) subscription service that allows you to download transactions from your banks using the Plaid aggregator. You can read more about Moneydance+ in this blog post. For more details, please refer to this article of the Knowledge Base, as well. There is a 14-day free trial so you can fully test downloading from Chase before you're charged. If you have a Moneydance 2022 license key, the cost to use Moneydance+ is then $2/monthly. The steps for setting up this service are outlined here.
You will need to disable your current OFX connection prior to switching to Moneydance +. To remove the OFX connection, open Moneydance, select your account from the left Sidebar and choose Online > Set Up Online Banking. Select the "Disable" button to remove the connection and restart Moneydance.
Purchasing and Upgrading
Accounts and Categories
Register and Transactions
Online Banking and Bill Pay
Graphs and Reports
Syncing and Sharing Data
Currency and VAT/GST
Backups and Exporting
Importing Data from Other Programs
Customizing and Preferences
File Locations and Changes
ARCHIVE - Getting Started
ARCHIVE - Moneydance 2017
- Archive - Moneydance 2017 license keys and upgrade policy
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2017 from Moneydance 2012, 2014 and 2015
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2017 from Moneydance 2011 or earlier
- Archive - Changing colours and theme in Moneydance 2017
- Archive - Sharing data using the Moneydance 2017 syncing engine
- View all (15 more)
ARCHIVE - Moneydance 2014 and 2015
- Archive - Moneydance 2015 license keys and upgrade policy
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2015 from Moneydance 2012 and 2014
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2015 from Moneydance 2011 or earlier
- Archive - Opening a backup file in Moneydance 2015
- Archive - How to restore from a checkpoint in Moneydance 2012 and 2014
- View all (3 more)
ARCHIVE - Program Basics
ARCHIVE - Account Basics
ARCHIVE - Entering Transactions
- Archive - Does Moneydance allow for assigning 'classes' to transactions?
- Archive - How do I get the Register to auto fill todays date instead of the last entered date?
- Archive - How do I move a transaction to a different account?
- Archive - How do I enter my Paycheck?
- Archive - How do I create a split transaction?
- View all (2 more)
ARCHIVE - Online Banking
ARCHIVE - Mobile
- Archive - Syncing Moneydance 2015 with your Mobile Device
- Archive - Syncing Moneydance 2012 and 2014 with your Mobile Device
- Archive - How to sync with Moneydance 2008, 2010, and 2011
- Archive - How do I delete a transaction on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?
- Archive - How to sync one data file with multiple iOS devices using different Dropbox accounts
- View all
ARCHIVE - Budgeting and Reminders
- Archive - Creating reminders (automatic repeating transactions or notes)
- Archive - Creating a budget using the 'Newer' format
- Archive - Creating a budget using the 'Mixed Interval' (Older) format
- Archive - What's the difference between a General and Transaction reminder?
- Archive - How do I have a reminder automatically entered into my register?
- View all (1 more)
ARCHIVE - International Tools
- Archive - Setting up VAT/GST
- Archive - Can you change the word "Check" to "Cheque" anywhere in the programme?
- Archive - How can I enter the exact amounts on both sides of a foreign currency transfer?
- Archive - My household/country/company uses a fiscal year instead of a calendar year. Can I do this in Moneydance?
- View all
ARCHIVE - Investments
- Archive - How do I add Securities to a new Investment Account?
- Archive - How can I import security, stock or mutual fund prices?
- Archive - Entering your current holdings
- Archive - Creating a new investment subtype
- Archive - Downloading security, stock or mutual fund prices from non-US stock exchanges
- View all (5 more)
ARCHIVE - Extensions
ARCHIVE - Everything Else