Before purchasing, we encourage you to download and install Moneydance, which will run in trial mode. The trial mode is fully functional and allows you to manually enter or edit 100 transactions. Imported transactions are not limited, so you'll be able to fully test things like importing from other programs and connections with your bank. If you decide to purchase the program at a later date, you can keep all your data, purchasing simply unlocks the ability to manually enter more transactions.
You can purchase a Moneydance license key on this page.
After purchasing, you'll be sent a license key via email that you can use to register the program.
This is a one-time purchase, including a free upgrade to the next major release. If you want to upgrade beyond that, you can purchase a half-priced upgrade key. You can keep using the version you purchased for as long as you want. We do not force you to upgrade.
This is the best option if you don't need automatic downloads via Moneydance+.
Subscribing to Moneydance+
Moneydance 2022 and 2023 include a new (optional) subscription service called Moneydance+.
This service allows you to download transactions from your bank using the Plaid aggregator.
There is a 30-day free trial, so you can fully test downloading via Moneydance+ before you're charged.
There are two ways to subscribe to Moneydance+:
If you have already purchased a Moneydance license key, you can subscribe to Moneydance+ for a discounted price.
To do this, you can follow the steps in this article to subscribe to Moneydance+ from within the Moneydance program.
After the trial has ended, the cost is $4/monthly or $40/annually US Dollars, with prices adjusted automatically for other currencies and tax rules.
This subscription option can be cancelled at any time and you'll retain access to the Moneydance program and all of your data with your existing license key.
Moneydance and Moneydance+ combined
Alternatively, you can subscribe to use Moneydance and Moneydance+ as a combined package.
With this subscription option, a Moneydance license key isn't required.
After the trial has ended, you can pay $10.80/monthly or $108/annually in US Dollars, with prices adjusted automatically for other currencies and tax rules.
With this subscription option, all future updates to the Moneydance program are included (provided the subscription remains active).
Purchasing and Upgrading
Accounts and Categories
Register and Transactions
Online Banking and Bill Pay
Graphs and Reports
Syncing and Sharing Data
Currency and VAT/GST
Backups and Exporting
Importing Data from Other Programs
Customizing and Preferences
File Locations and Changes
ARCHIVE - Getting Started
ARCHIVE - Moneydance 2017
- Archive - Moneydance 2017 license keys and upgrade policy
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2017 from Moneydance 2012, 2014 and 2015
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2017 from Moneydance 2011 or earlier
- Archive - Changing colours and theme in Moneydance 2017
- Archive - Sharing data using the Moneydance 2017 syncing engine
- View all (15 more)
ARCHIVE - Moneydance 2014 and 2015
- Archive - Moneydance 2015 license keys and upgrade policy
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2015 from Moneydance 2012 and 2014
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2015 from Moneydance 2011 or earlier
- Archive - Opening a backup file in Moneydance 2015
- Archive - How to restore from a checkpoint in Moneydance 2012 and 2014
- View all (3 more)
ARCHIVE - Program Basics
ARCHIVE - Account Basics
ARCHIVE - Entering Transactions
- Archive - Does Moneydance allow for assigning 'classes' to transactions?
- Archive - How do I get the Register to auto fill todays date instead of the last entered date?
- Archive - How do I move a transaction to a different account?
- Archive - How do I enter my Paycheck?
- Archive - How do I create a split transaction?
- View all (2 more)
ARCHIVE - Online Banking
ARCHIVE - Mobile
- Archive - Syncing Moneydance 2015 with your Mobile Device
- Archive - Syncing Moneydance 2012 and 2014 with your Mobile Device
- Archive - How to sync with Moneydance 2008, 2010, and 2011
- Archive - How do I delete a transaction on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?
- Archive - How to sync one data file with multiple iOS devices using different Dropbox accounts
- View all
ARCHIVE - Budgeting and Reminders
- Archive - Creating reminders (automatic repeating transactions or notes)
- Archive - Creating a budget using the 'Newer' format
- Archive - Creating a budget using the 'Mixed Interval' (Older) format
- Archive - What's the difference between a General and Transaction reminder?
- Archive - How do I have a reminder automatically entered into my register?
- View all (1 more)
ARCHIVE - International Tools
- Archive - Setting up VAT/GST
- Archive - Can you change the word "Check" to "Cheque" anywhere in the programme?
- Archive - How can I enter the exact amounts on both sides of a foreign currency transfer?
- Archive - My household/country/company uses a fiscal year instead of a calendar year. Can I do this in Moneydance?
- View all
ARCHIVE - Investments
- Archive - How do I add Securities to a new Investment Account?
- Archive - How can I import security, stock or mutual fund prices?
- Archive - Entering your current holdings
- Archive - Creating a new investment subtype
- Archive - Downloading security, stock or mutual fund prices from non-US stock exchanges
- View all (5 more)
ARCHIVE - Extensions
ARCHIVE - Everything Else