Report Types and Uses
The following reports are available in Moneydance -
Account Balances - Displays your account balances on a specific date in a currency of your choosing for a specified set of accounts. Settings include the option to display balances for all account types, and the option to also display accounts that have a zero balance.
Asset Allocation - Displays the division of your assets, including securities, cash, and other assets, and can be grouped by time period.
Budget - Displays your budget performance for any given time period. You can also choose to include categories not defined in your budget, and/or to include items with zero actual and budgeted amounts.
Capital Gains - Displays a summary of the transactions used to buy and sell securities and the gains made on those securities.
Cash Flow - Displays income earned and expenses incurred for a given time period for all or a sub-set of accounts. This report can be grouped by time period and filtered by tag, and displays the total for each account but not transaction details.
Cash Flow, Detailed - Displays the same information as the Cash Flow report, but includes the transaction details.
Cost Basis - Displays the cost basis of securities that you currently own. This can be compared to the current value of those securities to determine the success of those investments. Settings include the option to display the cost basis for all securities, for securities under a certain account, or for a specific individual security.
Income and Expenses - Displays a summary of your income and expenses. You can specify which income and expense categories to include in the report, as well as the source accounts. This report can be filtered by tag, grouped by a time period, and can be set to include liability/loan accounts.
Income and Expenses, Detailed - Same as the Income and Expense report except that it also lists the individual transactions that make up the totals.
Investment Performance - A snapshot of how your portfolio is performing based on returns and annual ROI, over any given period of time, for any accounts and/or securities you choose. Ability to display zero balance accounts.
Investment Transactions - Displays investment transactions, with numerous subtotalling options.
Memorized Reports - Only available using the Tools → Graphs and Reports menu Displays a list of reports that you have memorized. Selecting a memorized report from the list will let you regenerate that report, using your current data. Date ranges such as "this year" apply to the current year, not to the year in which the report was memorized.
Missing Checks - Displays a list of transactions with numeric check numbers while highlighting any gaps between check numbers.
Net Worth Displays - your net worth using the current balance, including transactions with dates in the future, or your cleared balance. You can select which types of accounts contribute to the net worth in this report.
Portfolio - Displays a detailed look of your holdings by account and/or security for any given period of time. Ability to display zero balance accounts.
Reconciliation - Displays all transactions that need to be reconciled.
Tag Summary - Displays a summary of all transactions marked with a particular tag. A sub-set of accounts can be selected, and the report can be grouped by time period.
Transactions - Displays transactions for one or all accounts for a specified time period. Settings include the option to include transactions for sub-accounts, filter transactions by tag, display memos, or sub-total the transactions by day, week, month, year, account, payee or check number.
Transaction Filter - A highly customizable report. If the “And (Intersection)” box is checked the report will display transactions which meet ALL of the report criteria, if the “Or (Union)” box is checked the report will display transactions which meet ANY of the report criteria.
Transfers Displays the movement of funds between selected accounts, offering filtering by tag and grouping by week, month, quarter, or year.
Transfers, Detailed Similar to Transfers report, but breakdown displays individual transactions instead of just account/category totals
VAT/GST If you use the VAT/GST features in Moneydance, this will display a summary of the VAT/GST applicable expenses and the total VAT/GST paid for a given time period. The VAT/GST report can be generated for specific categories or for all applicable categories.
Purchasing and Upgrading
Accounts and Categories
Register and Transactions
Online Banking and Bill Pay
Graphs and Reports
Syncing and Sharing Data
Currency and VAT/GST
Backups and Exporting
Importing Data from Other Programs
Customizing and Preferences
File Locations and Changes
ARCHIVE - Getting Started
ARCHIVE - Moneydance 2017
- Archive - Moneydance 2017 license keys and upgrade policy
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2017 from Moneydance 2012, 2014 and 2015
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2017 from Moneydance 2011 or earlier
- Archive - Changing colours and theme in Moneydance 2017
- Archive - Sharing data using the Moneydance 2017 syncing engine
- View all (15 more)
ARCHIVE - Moneydance 2014 and 2015
- Archive - Moneydance 2015 license keys and upgrade policy
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2015 from Moneydance 2012 and 2014
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2015 from Moneydance 2011 or earlier
- Archive - Opening a backup file in Moneydance 2015
- Archive - How to restore from a checkpoint in Moneydance 2012 and 2014
- View all (3 more)
ARCHIVE - Program Basics
ARCHIVE - Account Basics
ARCHIVE - Entering Transactions
- Archive - Does Moneydance allow for assigning 'classes' to transactions?
- Archive - How do I get the Register to auto fill todays date instead of the last entered date?
- Archive - How do I move a transaction to a different account?
- Archive - How do I enter my Paycheck?
- Archive - How do I create a split transaction?
- View all (2 more)
ARCHIVE - Online Banking
ARCHIVE - Mobile
- Archive - Syncing Moneydance 2015 with your Mobile Device
- Archive - Syncing Moneydance 2012 and 2014 with your Mobile Device
- Archive - How to sync with Moneydance 2008, 2010, and 2011
- Archive - How do I delete a transaction on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?
- Archive - How to sync one data file with multiple iOS devices using different Dropbox accounts
- View all
ARCHIVE - Budgeting and Reminders
- Archive - Creating reminders (automatic repeating transactions or notes)
- Archive - Creating a budget using the 'Newer' format
- Archive - Creating a budget using the 'Mixed Interval' (Older) format
- Archive - What's the difference between a General and Transaction reminder?
- Archive - How do I have a reminder automatically entered into my register?
- View all (1 more)
ARCHIVE - International Tools
- Archive - Setting up VAT/GST
- Archive - Can you change the word "Check" to "Cheque" anywhere in the programme?
- Archive - How can I enter the exact amounts on both sides of a foreign currency transfer?
- Archive - My household/country/company uses a fiscal year instead of a calendar year. Can I do this in Moneydance?
- View all
ARCHIVE - Investments
- Archive - How do I add Securities to a new Investment Account?
- Archive - How can I import security, stock or mutual fund prices?
- Archive - Entering your current holdings
- Archive - Creating a new investment subtype
- Archive - Downloading security, stock or mutual fund prices from non-US stock exchanges
- View all (5 more)
ARCHIVE - Extensions
ARCHIVE - Everything Else