Installing Moneydance on ChromeOS
It is now possible to install Moneydance on a ChromeBook (a system running ChromeOS)!
To do this, you will first need to go into your computer settings, and enable the installation of Linux programs.
After the installation is complete, go to our main download page at http://infinitekind.com/downloads. Choose the download link for the Linux DEB file. After the download is complete, double click on the downloaded file, and Moneydance will install. You can then delete the installation file.
A short video on this process can be found at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pClqlnj3PGw
Using Moneydance on ChromeOS
After successfully installing Moneydance with the above instructions, you should be able to run Moneydance in the same way as you run other programs on your ChromeOS. Note that programs run in Linux mode often have a higher power usage than ones designed for ChromeOS, so you may want to close Moneydance when you are not actively using it.
Some users have reported confusion around things like manual downloads from banks. After downloading transactions in a file, it can be difficult to access that file in Moneydance. The reason is that the Linux and ChromeOS parts of your computer are generally kept separate, including where files are stored (almost as if you have two separate computers on the same device). To access these downloads in Moneydance, go to the folder where you saved the download. Depending on your system, you can either drag the file into the “Linux files” folder, and/or right-click on the file and choose to Share with Linux. Returning to Moneydance, you should then be able to go to File -> Import and navigate to the shared file.
Note that you may have to go through a similar process in reverse if you want to move your data file from the Linux container through the ChromeOS, like if you want to move your data file to a new computer.
Purchasing and Upgrading
Accounts and Categories
Register and Transactions
Online Banking and Bill Pay
Graphs and Reports
Syncing and Sharing Data
Currency and VAT/GST
Backups and Exporting
Importing Data from Other Programs
Customizing and Preferences
File Locations and Changes
ARCHIVE - Getting Started
ARCHIVE - Moneydance 2017
- Archive - Moneydance 2017 license keys and upgrade policy
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2017 from Moneydance 2012, 2014 and 2015
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2017 from Moneydance 2011 or earlier
- Archive - Changing colours and theme in Moneydance 2017
- Archive - Sharing data using the Moneydance 2017 syncing engine
- View all (15 more)
ARCHIVE - Moneydance 2014 and 2015
- Archive - Moneydance 2015 license keys and upgrade policy
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2015 from Moneydance 2012 and 2014
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2015 from Moneydance 2011 or earlier
- Archive - Opening a backup file in Moneydance 2015
- Archive - How to restore from a checkpoint in Moneydance 2012 and 2014
- View all (3 more)
ARCHIVE - Program Basics
ARCHIVE - Account Basics
ARCHIVE - Entering Transactions
- Archive - Does Moneydance allow for assigning 'classes' to transactions?
- Archive - How do I get the Register to auto fill todays date instead of the last entered date?
- Archive - How do I move a transaction to a different account?
- Archive - How do I enter my Paycheck?
- Archive - How do I create a split transaction?
- View all (2 more)
ARCHIVE - Online Banking
ARCHIVE - Mobile
- Archive - Syncing Moneydance 2015 with your Mobile Device
- Archive - Syncing Moneydance 2012 and 2014 with your Mobile Device
- Archive - How to sync with Moneydance 2008, 2010, and 2011
- Archive - How do I delete a transaction on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?
- Archive - How to sync one data file with multiple iOS devices using different Dropbox accounts
- View all
ARCHIVE - Budgeting and Reminders
- Archive - Creating reminders (automatic repeating transactions or notes)
- Archive - Creating a budget using the 'Newer' format
- Archive - Creating a budget using the 'Mixed Interval' (Older) format
- Archive - What's the difference between a General and Transaction reminder?
- Archive - How do I have a reminder automatically entered into my register?
- View all (1 more)
ARCHIVE - International Tools
- Archive - Setting up VAT/GST
- Archive - Can you change the word "Check" to "Cheque" anywhere in the programme?
- Archive - How can I enter the exact amounts on both sides of a foreign currency transfer?
- Archive - My household/country/company uses a fiscal year instead of a calendar year. Can I do this in Moneydance?
- View all
ARCHIVE - Investments
- Archive - How do I add Securities to a new Investment Account?
- Archive - How can I import security, stock or mutual fund prices?
- Archive - Entering your current holdings
- Archive - Creating a new investment subtype
- Archive - Downloading security, stock or mutual fund prices from non-US stock exchanges
- View all (5 more)
ARCHIVE - Extensions
ARCHIVE - Everything Else