Sort and Filter the Register
The account register displays all transactions in the account and is used to enter, edit, and delete transactions. It is visually similar to a paper checkbook register.
To open an account register click on an account name in the Side Bar or Summary, or select the account name from the drop-down box in the top left of the Moneydance program window.
Transaction Filters -
The filter button at the top of the account register allows you to restrict the transactions displayed in your register.
Click the filter button and you will see the filtering options below -
Display every transaction in the account.
Display downloaded transactions which have not yet been confirmed.
Display only transactions which you have not yet reconciled and/or marked as cleared.
30 days, This Month, or This Year
Select one of these time frames to see a sub-set of transactions.
Edit Custom Filter
This will open a new window where you can specify the either 'Last X Days' or 'Since Date'. Highlight the option you'd like, specify the days or date range and select OK.
If you're using Moneydance 2022 or an older version, the filter options will appear slightly differently. You'll see each filter option listed across the top of the account register as seen below -
Transaction Sorting -
You can change the order of transactions in the register by clicking on any column heading.
Click twice to reverse the sort order.
In the image below, transactions are ordered by date ascending
You can also sort transactions using the context menu.
You can right-click (or press Ctrl and Click) in the register, then select Sort By. You'll see the options in the screenshot below available for sorting -
Split Register -
The Split Register button (to the right of the "New Transaction" button) toggles between showing Confirmed and Unconfirmed transactions in a single pane, or showing Confirmed transactions in a top panel and Unconfirmed at the bottom.
Purchasing and Upgrading
Accounts and Categories
Register and Transactions
Online Banking and Bill Pay
Graphs and Reports
Syncing and Sharing Data
Currency and VAT/GST
Backups and Exporting
Importing Data from Other Programs
Customizing and Preferences
File Locations and Changes
ARCHIVE - Getting Started
ARCHIVE - Moneydance 2017
- Archive - Moneydance 2017 license keys and upgrade policy
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2017 from Moneydance 2012, 2014 and 2015
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2017 from Moneydance 2011 or earlier
- Archive - Changing colours and theme in Moneydance 2017
- Archive - Sharing data using the Moneydance 2017 syncing engine
- View all (15 more)
ARCHIVE - Moneydance 2014 and 2015
- Archive - Moneydance 2015 license keys and upgrade policy
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2015 from Moneydance 2012 and 2014
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2015 from Moneydance 2011 or earlier
- Archive - Opening a backup file in Moneydance 2015
- Archive - How to restore from a checkpoint in Moneydance 2012 and 2014
- View all (3 more)
ARCHIVE - Program Basics
ARCHIVE - Account Basics
ARCHIVE - Entering Transactions
- Archive - Does Moneydance allow for assigning 'classes' to transactions?
- Archive - How do I get the Register to auto fill todays date instead of the last entered date?
- Archive - How do I move a transaction to a different account?
- Archive - How do I enter my Paycheck?
- Archive - How do I create a split transaction?
- View all (2 more)
ARCHIVE - Online Banking
ARCHIVE - Mobile
- Archive - Syncing Moneydance 2015 with your Mobile Device
- Archive - Syncing Moneydance 2012 and 2014 with your Mobile Device
- Archive - How to sync with Moneydance 2008, 2010, and 2011
- Archive - How do I delete a transaction on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?
- Archive - How to sync one data file with multiple iOS devices using different Dropbox accounts
- View all
ARCHIVE - Budgeting and Reminders
- Archive - Creating reminders (automatic repeating transactions or notes)
- Archive - Creating a budget using the 'Newer' format
- Archive - Creating a budget using the 'Mixed Interval' (Older) format
- Archive - What's the difference between a General and Transaction reminder?
- Archive - How do I have a reminder automatically entered into my register?
- View all (1 more)
ARCHIVE - International Tools
- Archive - Setting up VAT/GST
- Archive - Can you change the word "Check" to "Cheque" anywhere in the programme?
- Archive - How can I enter the exact amounts on both sides of a foreign currency transfer?
- Archive - My household/country/company uses a fiscal year instead of a calendar year. Can I do this in Moneydance?
- View all
ARCHIVE - Investments
- Archive - How do I add Securities to a new Investment Account?
- Archive - How can I import security, stock or mutual fund prices?
- Archive - Entering your current holdings
- Archive - Creating a new investment subtype
- Archive - Downloading security, stock or mutual fund prices from non-US stock exchanges
- View all (5 more)
ARCHIVE - Extensions
ARCHIVE - Everything Else