Confirm Downloaded Data
Once you have downloaded or imported new transactions you will accept them (or “confirm” them) into your register.
To begin the confirmation process, click on the first transaction in your account register with a blue dot.
When you highlight an unconfirmed transaction a matching panel will pop up on the right side of the screen which will contain suggested options for you to choose how to handle the transaction.
Current Transaction - Accept the transaction in it's current form as displayed in the register.
Merge Choices - Merges the downloaded transaction with a duplicate in the register.
Similar Payees - Changes the Description and Category to match the similar transaction displayed.
Transaction as Downloaded - This option will appear after you have made a change to the description of an unconfirmed transaction. You can accept the transaction in it's original format as Moneydance has received it, to reverse any changes you've made.
You'll see the 'Current Transaction' details displayed at the top. You can amend the transaction fields within this window, then select 'Confirm'.
After you confirm a transaction Moneydance will “look” for and select the next unconfirmed transaction.
As you go through this process it will become quicker and easier. Moneydance will begin to recognise the information you have previously confirmed, and begin to suggest the correct transaction details for your data.
Moneydance attempts to recognise and auto-categorise transactions with similar payees and amounts, so once you have manually assigned a category to a transaction or changed it's description - you can expect Moneydance to suggest the same category or description for similar transactions in the future.
Once you have Confirmed the transaction - the blue dot disappears, replaced with a blue circle that signifies the data has been downloaded and confirmed.
Purchasing and Upgrading
Accounts and Categories
Register and Transactions
Online Banking and Bill Pay
Graphs and Reports
Syncing and Sharing Data
Currency and VAT/GST
Backups and Exporting
Importing Data from Other Programs
Customizing and Preferences
File Locations and Changes
ARCHIVE - Getting Started
ARCHIVE - Moneydance 2017
- Archive - Moneydance 2017 license keys and upgrade policy
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2017 from Moneydance 2012, 2014 and 2015
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2017 from Moneydance 2011 or earlier
- Archive - Changing colours and theme in Moneydance 2017
- Archive - Sharing data using the Moneydance 2017 syncing engine
- View all (15 more)
ARCHIVE - Moneydance 2014 and 2015
- Archive - Moneydance 2015 license keys and upgrade policy
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2015 from Moneydance 2012 and 2014
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2015 from Moneydance 2011 or earlier
- Archive - Opening a backup file in Moneydance 2015
- Archive - How to restore from a checkpoint in Moneydance 2012 and 2014
- View all (3 more)
ARCHIVE - Program Basics
ARCHIVE - Account Basics
ARCHIVE - Entering Transactions
- Archive - Does Moneydance allow for assigning 'classes' to transactions?
- Archive - How do I get the Register to auto fill todays date instead of the last entered date?
- Archive - How do I move a transaction to a different account?
- Archive - How do I enter my Paycheck?
- Archive - How do I create a split transaction?
- View all (2 more)
ARCHIVE - Online Banking
ARCHIVE - Mobile
- Archive - Syncing Moneydance 2015 with your Mobile Device
- Archive - Syncing Moneydance 2012 and 2014 with your Mobile Device
- Archive - How to sync with Moneydance 2008, 2010, and 2011
- Archive - How do I delete a transaction on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?
- Archive - How to sync one data file with multiple iOS devices using different Dropbox accounts
- View all
ARCHIVE - Budgeting and Reminders
- Archive - Creating reminders (automatic repeating transactions or notes)
- Archive - Creating a budget using the 'Newer' format
- Archive - Creating a budget using the 'Mixed Interval' (Older) format
- Archive - What's the difference between a General and Transaction reminder?
- Archive - How do I have a reminder automatically entered into my register?
- View all (1 more)
ARCHIVE - International Tools
- Archive - Setting up VAT/GST
- Archive - Can you change the word "Check" to "Cheque" anywhere in the programme?
- Archive - How can I enter the exact amounts on both sides of a foreign currency transfer?
- Archive - My household/country/company uses a fiscal year instead of a calendar year. Can I do this in Moneydance?
- View all
ARCHIVE - Investments
- Archive - How do I add Securities to a new Investment Account?
- Archive - How can I import security, stock or mutual fund prices?
- Archive - Entering your current holdings
- Archive - Creating a new investment subtype
- Archive - Downloading security, stock or mutual fund prices from non-US stock exchanges
- View all (5 more)
ARCHIVE - Extensions
ARCHIVE - Everything Else