Online Bill Payment
This feature can be enabled only if your bank supports Direct Connect.
Not all banks that support Direct Connect will also support Bill Pay using this connection method.
You may receive an error message if you attempt to set this up with an institution that doesn't allow it.
- Please note: Moneydance + does not support this service, at the moment.
Setting up Online Bill Payment uses the same procedure as setting up regular online banking.
Navigate to Online --> Setup Online Bill Payment.
Follow the prompts to select your bank, and enter your login details.
Once you have set up Online Bill Payment, navigate to Online → Online Bill Payment, to begin creating an electronic payment.
First you will need to create a Payee entry for the recipient of your funds.
- Select the Payee tab to begin. Next, select the Create Payee button.
Enter the desired information for the payee. It's important to use the 2 letter abbreviation in the State field, if the payee is located in the United States.
To create an online bill payment, click the New Payment button. Select the payee you'd like to process a payment to, then select Next.
Fill in the appropriate amount, due date, account number with the payee, Category, and memo field.
Finally, click Finish to send the payment request to your bank's server.
The payment request will be sent to your financial institution, and a corresponding new transaction will be created in the Moneydance account register.
Please note that it may take a number of days for the payment to be processed and sent to the Payee. Some banks require that you set the “Due Date” of your online bill payment request a specific number of days in the future.
You can set your Moneydance Preferences to automatically detect and Observe Online Payment Date Ranges within File --> Preferences.
You can also navigate to the Online Bill Payment interface from a transaction reminder. You can select “Send Online Payment” when confirming a transaction reminder to view the bill payment window. You may wish to refer to the 'Reminders' section.
Purchasing and Upgrading
Accounts and Categories
Register and Transactions
Online Banking and Bill Pay
Graphs and Reports
Syncing and Sharing Data
Currency and VAT/GST
Backups and Exporting
Importing Data from Other Programs
Customizing and Preferences
File Locations and Changes
ARCHIVE - Getting Started
ARCHIVE - Moneydance 2017
- Archive - Moneydance 2017 license keys and upgrade policy
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2017 from Moneydance 2012, 2014 and 2015
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2017 from Moneydance 2011 or earlier
- Archive - Changing colours and theme in Moneydance 2017
- Archive - Sharing data using the Moneydance 2017 syncing engine
- View all (15 more)
ARCHIVE - Moneydance 2014 and 2015
- Archive - Moneydance 2015 license keys and upgrade policy
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2015 from Moneydance 2012 and 2014
- Archive - Upgrading to Moneydance 2015 from Moneydance 2011 or earlier
- Archive - Opening a backup file in Moneydance 2015
- Archive - How to restore from a checkpoint in Moneydance 2012 and 2014
- View all (3 more)
ARCHIVE - Program Basics
ARCHIVE - Account Basics
ARCHIVE - Entering Transactions
- Archive - Does Moneydance allow for assigning 'classes' to transactions?
- Archive - How do I get the Register to auto fill todays date instead of the last entered date?
- Archive - How do I move a transaction to a different account?
- Archive - How do I enter my Paycheck?
- Archive - How do I create a split transaction?
- View all (2 more)
ARCHIVE - Online Banking
ARCHIVE - Mobile
- Archive - Syncing Moneydance 2015 with your Mobile Device
- Archive - Syncing Moneydance 2012 and 2014 with your Mobile Device
- Archive - How to sync with Moneydance 2008, 2010, and 2011
- Archive - How do I delete a transaction on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?
- Archive - How to sync one data file with multiple iOS devices using different Dropbox accounts
- View all
ARCHIVE - Budgeting and Reminders
- Archive - Creating reminders (automatic repeating transactions or notes)
- Archive - Creating a budget using the 'Newer' format
- Archive - Creating a budget using the 'Mixed Interval' (Older) format
- Archive - What's the difference between a General and Transaction reminder?
- Archive - How do I have a reminder automatically entered into my register?
- View all (1 more)
ARCHIVE - International Tools
- Archive - Setting up VAT/GST
- Archive - Can you change the word "Check" to "Cheque" anywhere in the programme?
- Archive - How can I enter the exact amounts on both sides of a foreign currency transfer?
- Archive - My household/country/company uses a fiscal year instead of a calendar year. Can I do this in Moneydance?
- View all
ARCHIVE - Investments
- Archive - How do I add Securities to a new Investment Account?
- Archive - How can I import security, stock or mutual fund prices?
- Archive - Entering your current holdings
- Archive - Creating a new investment subtype
- Archive - Downloading security, stock or mutual fund prices from non-US stock exchanges
- View all (5 more)
ARCHIVE - Extensions
ARCHIVE - Everything Else